ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Wiring options - 2 hum, 2 vol, 2 tone & 2 switches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Wiring options - 2 hum, 2 vol, 2 tone & 2 switches Reply with quote

My Fender Flame is set up like a Les Paul - 2 humbuckers, 2 volume, 2 tone & 3 way switch. The electronics are long over due for a cleaning, touch up solder work & tightening... but I'm thinking of retiring the original electronics at the moment. Kinda looking at purchasing another Flame at the moment, may silverburst my current Flame.

Here is a photo of the Fender Flame Ultra that has the extra coil split switch on the left side. I have a Fender Flame standard, so it does not have the coil split switch, but the body is already routed to take that switch... all I gotta do is drill a hole through the top for it.

My 2 stock Schaller humbucker have the coil split option on them. I absolutely wanna use that option. I don't know about series/parallel option though.... is this an option worth exploring? I don't care for master volume control, I'm fine with dual volume. I bypassed the tone on JS but honestly........ I can't hear the bypass tone when I switch it.... so bypass tone is not on my list.

Any suggestion from you guys is welcomed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: