ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Hardluck Kings Guitars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robert(original)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i worked for a guy a few years ago.
then someone posted up an article they found a bass that he re-made.
i commented and said. he is a dick, i don't like him, and i did the binding/ whatever else on that bass and he doesn't give me cred, nor paid me shit to do it.
a week later he called me and told me he was going to sue me. he said some bullshit about someone looked up his bass products and found shortscale instead and based on what was said in the thread it turned him off from buying a bass from him. it was all bullshit, he never sued me, nor would he have had any ground to stand on becuz everything i said was true. and or it was opinion, and im allowed to comment on something i know, especially truth and opinion based on facts. he also said he was going to namm. he never went. but i did.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread just WILL NOT QUIT.

I looked up that IP on Nashville Ed, it's not the same as guitarkid, but they're both totally sock puppets and I know that because I very strongly.

George wrote:
Yeah, thickness, nut
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshadowofseattle wrote:

I looked up that IP on Nashville Ed, it's not the same as guitarkid, but they're both totally sock puppets and I know that because I believe it very strongly.

SKC Willie wrote:
DO YOU WANT A GRAY AND BLACK GUITAR????

NO? WELL SHIT. THAT'S ALL WE HAVE

i still love seeing this thread pop up. so many ugly guitars with this name on that site
NickS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshadowofseattle wrote:

I looked up that IP on Nashville Ed, it's not the same as guitarkid, but they're both totally sock puppets and I know that because I believe it very strongly.
irlworkingnightshiftlol

TBH, I'd assumed it was just a fanboi.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekwatts wrote:
It's fucking sad that a grown man will spend more time creating false accounts and reviews all over the shop as on the design process, which seems to amount to "FUCKIN' SPIDERS ON THE FRETBOARD, AWESOME BRAH".

i am lol'ing so fucking hard. TOTALLY SIGGIN' IT.
jbenitez87

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: hlk Reply with quote

So I live in Columbus, OH. There is a local band here that exclusively uses HLK's. So the first thing I did was message the guitarist, who I have gotten to know reasonably well, and I asked him his real opinion on these. Of course, he gave me the pre-manufactured crap about how great these were.

I must admit that curiosity is getting the best of me, and I am going to pick one up and do a full review on it. I've hand built from scratch before, and I want to see how these stack up to what I do in my spare time. I'll keep you guys updated.

Disclaimer: yes im a first time poster. Get over it.
jcyphe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay

Laughing
jbenitez87

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you're holding your breath with anticipation. I'll do my best to please you.
HNB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbenitez87 wrote:
I'm sure you're holding your breath with anticipation. I'll do my best to please you.

That's what she said. Wink

jbenitez87

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well played.
71Smallbox

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, what a thread! See you in three years again HLK douche!
jbenitez87

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

71Smallbox wrote:
Oh man, what a thread! See you in three years again HLK douche!

Wait, am I the HLK douche?
George

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should let this go
jbenitez87

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George wrote:
you should let this go

And maybe you guys should not assume that anyone who is unfamiliar on here is a troll.

I'm actually quite amused by this thread, and side with 99% of the people in it. I'm just curious and have money to throw away on a guitar that I'll probably give to my kid.

So maybe we can from the pretentious and self righteous attitudes and welcome someone new into your community.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I've never played one of your guitars, but I do have to say, it does look like at the price point you offer something cool and unique to your customers, I think the hardshell cases to add value is a nice touch. The vegas/tough guy brand aesthetic might fit the pastel flavored indie majority of the crowd here about as well as an Affliction tshirt, but you have a niche especially if you've managed to stay in this business so long.

Don't let that niche become the brand that trolls forums posting douchey fake reviews of your own products. Anyone could see through that. There's ways to have your product demo'd and reviewed by 3rd parties, if your guitars are any decent you should make moves toward getting your product in the hands of people who will give impartial demos.
jbenitez87

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
Ok, so I've never played one of your guitars, but I do have to say, it does look like at the price point you offer something cool and unique to your customers, I think the hardshell cases to add value is a nice touch. The vegas/tough guy brand aesthetic might fit the pastel flavored indie majority of the crowd here about as well as an Affliction tshirt, but you have a niche especially if you've managed to stay in this business so long.

Don't let that niche become the brand that trolls forums posting douchey fake reviews of your own products. Anyone could see through that. There's ways to have your product demo'd and reviewed by 3rd parties, if your guitars are any decent you should make moves toward getting your product in the hands of people who will give impartial demos.

I really appreciate where you guys are coming from, but I literally have NO affiliation with that company.
If you feel like light weight stalking, here is my social media:
IG @joethebenitez ***my personal IG is personal, but I'll make it public so you can see that I'm not who you think I am.
Band IG @a.decade.apart

This is seriously pretty crappy that you guys attack anyone who doesn't immediately conform to your collective opinion. Once again, I think the guitar look like crap. I've read all of the reviews and I assume that they play like crap. If I like it or can fix it up, I'll let you guys know. If I hate it I'll give it to my daughter and still reply you guys. Stop being tools.
Fakir Mustache

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of dig those army green ones, that Les Paul and the Explorer. Kind of wish the Explorer was a full size body, looks reduced. 24 frets are cool tho.

Funny web page design, click on the photo and you get a tiny version of the picture.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: hlk Reply with quote

jbenitez87 wrote:
So I live in Columbus, OH. There is a local band here that exclusively uses HLK's. So the first thing I did was message the guitarist, who I have gotten to know reasonably well, and I asked him his real opinion on these. Of course, he gave me the pre-manufactured crap about how great these were.

I must admit that curiosity is getting the best of me, and I am going to pick one up and do a full review on it. I've hand built from scratch before, and I want to see how these stack up to what I do in my spare time. I'll keep you guys updated.

you seemed to be able to predict how we would interpret your first post in your last line there so our reaction shouldn't have surprised you. Also why would a guitarist give you "pre manufactured crap"? Like if he uses the guitars exclusively shouldn't that mean he genuinely likes them?
jbenitez87

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: hlk Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
jbenitez87 wrote:

you seemed to be able to predict how we would interpret your first post in your last line there. Why would a guitarist give you "pre manufactured crap"? Like if he uses the guitars exclusively shouldn't that mean he genuinely likes them?

It seemed to me that since he doesn't have a official sponsorship, he was doing his job as a hopeful representative and talking the brand up. It seemed fake to me, but I'm skeptical of most things.
speedfish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: hlk Reply with quote

jbenitez87 wrote:

Looking forward to your review. I like the spider and he use to offer a 6 string version of the Wolf with 3T sunburst and blackpickguard that looked like something out of the old Sears catalog on acid that was unique and kinda cool.

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: