ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

'New Breed' Pics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. It's just a stock guard. I just went with cooterfinger instead of WD music or any of them.
_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
taylornutt
.
.


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 4626
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got her up and running.




_________________
J Mascis Jazzmaster | Baja Telecaster
AVRI Jaguar | 1967 Fender Coronado II |1977 Mullet-stang | 1973 Fender Bronco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
serfx
ss.o bastard son


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 6405
Location: Edmonton Alberta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZenJenga wrote:
Here's my newest acquisition, a fender 69 compstang reisssue. Got it from Taylornutt, who got it from SerfX/Jim Nowhere, who may have gotten it from another shortscaler.
It's got a red lace sensor in the bridge. This thing sounds great. Setting up the Vibrato was a bitch, but I finally got it so I can use the vibrato and it stays in tune. Sometimes have to give it a little pull after use to get the bridge back in the center position, but it's nothing too bothersome.
Neck took some getting used to. Real narrow up in the cowboy chord area. Switching between this Mustang and my SG standard is a breeze though. Feels much more comfortable than going from my Tele to the SG or vice versa.
LOVE MUSTANGS. This is my first Mustang, but definitely not going to be my only Mustang.


Glad it stayed in the family.
I got it from someone on here, but i don't recall who, and I believe they have stopped posting.
Odd that the Vibrato wasn't working right for ya, as it was perfect when i had it.. though things tend to get fucked in the post, and there was another owner in between us..

the GF still gives me shit for selling this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
taylornutt
.
.


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 4626
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim_Nowhere wrote:
ZenJenga wrote:
Here's my newest acquisition, a fender 69 compstang reisssue. Got it from Taylornutt, who got it from SerfX/Jim Nowhere, who may have gotten it from another shortscaler.
It's got a red lace sensor in the bridge. This thing sounds great. Setting up the Vibrato was a bitch, but I finally got it so I can use the vibrato and it stays in tune. Sometimes have to give it a little pull after use to get the bridge back in the center position, but it's nothing too bothersome.
Neck took some getting used to. Real narrow up in the cowboy chord area. Switching between this Mustang and my SG standard is a breeze though. Feels much more comfortable than going from my Tele to the SG or vice versa.
LOVE MUSTANGS. This is my first Mustang, but definitely not going to be my only Mustang.


Glad it stayed in the family.
I got it from someone on here, but i don't recall who, and I believe they have stopped posting.
Odd that the Vibrato wasn't working right for ya, as it was perfect when i had it.. though things tend to get fucked in the post, and there was another owner in between us..

the GF still gives me shit for selling this one.


What gauge strings did you set it up with? I was using .12s and it was fine.
_________________
J Mascis Jazzmaster | Baja Telecaster
AVRI Jaguar | 1967 Fender Coronado II |1977 Mullet-stang | 1973 Fender Bronco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
serfx
ss.o bastard son


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 6405
Location: Edmonton Alberta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 - 54
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BoringPostcards
.
.


Joined: 30 Jul 2009
Posts: 1424
Location: Newfoundland

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the ones you sent me. 12-52 with wound G. the reason I needed to adjust it was that I wanted it to go both ways, but it was only set up for down vibrato. I got it set up to give me near equal action both up and down. There was nothing wrong with it at all; I just noticed it is generally more complicated to adjust than the JM/Jag vibrato.

Bit o humour: I dislike red fender guitars, unless they are mustangs, in that case, it is my preferred colour. Strange as shit. I can barely even think of any other guitars in general besides the SG and ES 355 that are nice in red. that's just me though. I am the same with blue. Jaguars and strats only in blue. maybe Pelham SG is alright.

lol

TNutt yr going to wet yr pants when you get that mascis strung up and plugged in. I had it set up with medium high action and 10-52 strings and it was comfy as hell and sounded like Angels. the bridge is going to need to be set up how you like it, as it needed to be removed for shipping. it just drops onto the posts like any abr-1. She sounds most gnarly with fresh strings. I find it has a totally different sound once the strings age. more so than with my other guitars.
Dibs if you ever part with it. lol. Wink
_________________
Det er mig der holder trĉerne sammen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
taylornutt
.
.


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 4626
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZenJenga wrote:
I used the ones you sent me. 12-52 with wound G. the reason I needed to adjust it was that I wanted it to go both ways, but it was only set up for down vibrato. I got it set up to give me near equal action both up and down. There was nothing wrong with it at all; I just noticed it is generally more complicated to adjust than the JM/Jag vibrato.

Bit o humour: I dislike red fender guitars, unless they are mustangs, in that case, it is my preferred colour. Strange as shit. I can barely even think of any other guitars in general besides the SG and ES 355 that are nice in red. that's just me though. I am the same with blue. Jaguars and strats only in blue. maybe Pelham SG is alright.

lol

TNutt yr going to wet yr pants when you get that mascis strung up and plugged in. I had it set up with medium high action and 10-52 strings and it was comfy as hell and sounded like Angels. the bridge is going to need to be set up how you like it, as it needed to be removed for shipping. it just drops onto the posts like any abr-1. She sounds most gnarly with fresh strings. I find it has a totally different sound once the strings age. more so than with my other guitars.
Dibs if you ever part with it. lol. Wink


I plan to run .11s on her like my other guitars. I have been wanting a Jazzmaster for ages and I love that the neck has a 7.25" radius.
_________________
J Mascis Jazzmaster | Baja Telecaster
AVRI Jaguar | 1967 Fender Coronado II |1977 Mullet-stang | 1973 Fender Bronco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickS
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 9494
Location: Nr. Basinggrad, UK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taylornutt wrote:
I finally got her up and running.
Looking pretty. Are you going to put on another string tree to fill the hole in the headstock?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
taylornutt
.
.


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 4626
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickS wrote:
taylornutt wrote:
I finally got her up and running.
Looking pretty. Are you going to put on another string tree to fill the hole in the headstock?


I need to get one, I just was more concerned getting the wiring and nut fixed first.
_________________
J Mascis Jazzmaster | Baja Telecaster
AVRI Jaguar | 1967 Fender Coronado II |1977 Mullet-stang | 1973 Fender Bronco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOM BABY!



Untitled by punkacc9, on Flickr

Untitled by punkacc9, on Flickr

Untitled by punkacc9, on Flickr
_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
mkt3000
.
.


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 2749
Location: Miami

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punkacc9 wrote:
BOOM BABY!



Untitled by punkacc9, on Flickr

Untitled by punkacc9, on Flickr

Untitled by punkacc9, on Flickr


You should get a piezo tune-o-matic on there and scare everyone .
_________________
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
taylornutt
.
.


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 4626
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. Reminds me of my old Jaguar SH.
_________________
J Mascis Jazzmaster | Baja Telecaster
AVRI Jaguar | 1967 Fender Coronado II |1977 Mullet-stang | 1973 Fender Bronco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard of a piezo but never really looked in to them.
_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
wadeaminute
.
.


Joined: 29 Aug 2010
Posts: 340

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's 21 guitars in my new place - 10 short scales.
6 Squier Super Sonics
1 Squier Jaguar HH
1 '70 Mustang
1 '71 Mustang Bass
1 SS Squier Jaguar Bass


_________________
A Whole Bunch of Guitars. Some with sparkles. Some with Pearl. Some with racing stripes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here be all of mine.




Untitled by punkacc9, on Flickr

Untitled by punkacc9, on Flickr

Untitled by punkacc9, on Flickr

Untitled by punkacc9, on Flickr

Untitled by punkacc9, on Flickr

Untitled by punkacc9, on Flickr
_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
wawbanks
.
.


Joined: 09 May 2010
Posts: 7
Location: Manchester

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punkacc9 wrote:
BOOM BABY!





I've asked someone else in another thread but - what company makes those hardtail Jag/JM tailpieces?
_________________
Check out my band www.facebook.com/glocksband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wawbanks wrote:
Punkacc9 wrote:
BOOM BABY!





I've asked someone else in another thread but - what company makes those hardtail Jag/JM tailpieces?


Stereordinary did. But he let that business go to another guy on www.offsetguitars.com
_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
spirograph
.
.


Joined: 28 Oct 2011
Posts: 433
Location: kingston upon heroin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some updates on my duosonic

put the original neck back on, swapped out the shitty tuners (did a decent job of it too, i think), tidied up the fitting of the scratchplate, put 500k pots in, but the original strat knobs dindnt fit the new pots, n these were all i had, so they went on. the only original parts are the body, bridge, neck (+plate n screws), and the nut.
dunno why ppl have trouble with these bridges. they intonate fine, as long as you do the intonation with the pickups lowered, n raise em afterwards








_________________
if i cant smoke and swear, im fu**ed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mkt3000
.
.


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 2749
Location: Miami

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jaguarillo and the ORM1


_________________
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
serfx
ss.o bastard son


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 6405
Location: Edmonton Alberta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose this would be a new breed shortscale

anyways, it's a 24" (21 fret) Cyclone
I've been tinkering with it and working on it for a while, like I got the body in 2009... sure i did a build thread before this one.. but this is the one that saw it to completion. Cyclone (complete pg 3)

you can read through the build for details.

anyways here are a couple new pics



more behind the curtain
Hidden: 




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB İ 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 631245 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!