ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Pickguards for MIJ/CIJ Jaguars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noisy Cat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Pickguards for MIJ/CIJ Jaguars Reply with quote

Who sells these? Preferably in the EU/UK so I can avoid the knobhead tax.

I want parchment.
Rox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine from Jeanne Pickguards who goes worldwide .. So does Allparts but the one I got from them needed a little " finesse " to fit properly . For the UK I know WDMusic sells them (at least I think they're UK) .
Worst case order the material , stencil the guard you have and get one made by a local music shop .
I for one have always had issues when I order precut guards .
Noisy Cat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but no luck with WD or Allparts. The only place I've found that sells Japanese guards is guitarpartsresource.com, which would cost me a shitload in import taxes, and they don't even have the colour I want.

In fact, I don't think CIJ guards in parchment even exist, so I'll probably go down the route of getting one cut.
speedfish

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rox wrote:
I got mine from Jeanne Pickguards who goes worldwide ..

The owner for Jeannie died last year. Sad Some people complained about him, but I was fortunate and had good results with his guards. Regret that I didn't order that replacement guard for my Jagmaster before he passed. Now it's gonna cost considerably more or I'll have to cut it myself.

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"
Rox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noisy Cat wrote:
Thanks, but no luck with WD or Allparts. The only place I've found that sells Japanese guards is guitarpartsresource.com, which would cost me a shitload in import taxes, and they don't even have the colour I want.

In fact, I don't think CIJ guards in parchment even exist, so I'll probably go down the route of getting one cut.

I just ordered one from GuitarPartsResource a few weeks ago and installed it to my Jag HH to SS conversion. Turned out to be an AllParts Tort. The tort was meh and I had to mod it a little to fit properly . Chances are I'll be buying a Spitfire down the road . Tort these days sucks anymore .Unless they're labeled Fender they're AllParts . And I know for sure they have mint . Close to the parchment. Prolly a lil nicer ... And it was cheap . $30USD?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: