ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Electric xii template? Got it!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Electric xii template? Got it! Reply with quote

Does anyone have an electric xii template? I need the body and guard template.
_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband


Last edited by Awstin on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
taylornutt
.
.


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 4626
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help with the guard. I have an original that some one hacked a humbucker into but I can put a PDF of the trace for you on the archive. I think I did one for Cooter.



_________________
J Mascis Jazzmaster | Baja Telecaster
AVRI Jaguar | 1967 Fender Coronado II |1977 Mullet-stang | 1973 Fender Bronco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
taylornutt
.
.


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 4626
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to the Pickguard template

Fender XII Pickguard
_________________
J Mascis Jazzmaster | Baja Telecaster
AVRI Jaguar | 1967 Fender Coronado II |1977 Mullet-stang | 1973 Fender Bronco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Thanks. I'm sure he has it then. I just need the body now.
_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Addam
.
.


Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 971
Location: In the Gateau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the outline not the same as a jazzmaster?
You could work out a decent approximation of the routes from the pickguard and control plates and maybe a picture or 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone over on OSG sent me a template to the whole thing.
_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Addam
.
.


Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 971
Location: In the Gateau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sharing with your fellow 'scalers for the template thread?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AddamInsane wrote:
Are you sharing with your fellow 'scalers for the template thread?


Indeed as soon as I know it is right. Rhoney has one too.
_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some info on the xii that I am sure I will use. http://www.ggjaguar.com/e-12.htm
_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Taylor. Would you mind printing this and telling me if the Pickguard lines up to yours? I guess no one will share template files anymore. You have to buy them... I understand if it's your own design or if it's a physical template but this is a file we are talking about and fenders design. Oh well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/egqy0chabaw8yxw/electric%20xii%20plan.pdf
_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband


Last edited by Awstin on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a picture of Ludos template and Rhoneys template together. I think Rhoneys is the red one. Might be able to get a template from it.



And Ludos alone


_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
taylornutt
.
.


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 4626
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punkacc9 wrote:
Hey Taylor. Would you mind printing this and telling me if the Pickguard lines up to yours? I guess no one will help each other and share template files anymore. You have to buy them... I understand if it's your own design or if it's a physical template but this is a file we are talking about and fenders design.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/egqy0chabaw8yxw/electric%20xii%20plan.pdf


I would have to go to Kinkos to have it printed. I might print out my pickguard and put the guitar design on my Mac at full size and see if it matches up.

I don't have time to do a full print out this week.

I can also retrace the original guard on paper and mail it to you if necessary.
_________________
J Mascis Jazzmaster | Baja Telecaster
AVRI Jaguar | 1967 Fender Coronado II |1977 Mullet-stang | 1973 Fender Bronco


Last edited by taylornutt on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone scale it? I have no idea how to.
_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taylornutt wrote:
Punkacc9 wrote:
Hey Taylor. Would you mind printing this and telling me if the Pickguard lines up to yours? I guess no one will help each other and share template files anymore. You have to buy them... I understand if it's your own design or if it's a physical template but this is a file we are talking about and fenders design.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/egqy0chabaw8yxw/electric%20xii%20plan.pdf


I would have to go to Kinkos to have it printed. I might print out my pickguard and put the guitar design on my Mac at full size and see if it matches up.

I don't have time to do a full print out this week.


I think that ones way off anyway. Try the Ludo/Rhoney one if you do anything.
_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
taylornutt
.
.


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 4626
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punkacc9 wrote:
taylornutt wrote:
Punkacc9 wrote:
Hey Taylor. Would you mind printing this and telling me if the Pickguard lines up to yours? I guess no one will help each other and share template files anymore. You have to buy them... I understand if it's your own design or if it's a physical template but this is a file we are talking about and fenders design.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/egqy0chabaw8yxw/electric%20xii%20plan.pdf


I would have to go to Kinkos to have it printed. I might print out my pickguard and put the guitar design on my Mac at full size and see if it matches up.

I don't have time to do a full print out this week.


I think that ones way off anyway. Try the Ludo/Rhoney one if you do anything.


It's too big and not drawn very well. I will look at the Ludo/Rhoney one.
_________________
J Mascis Jazzmaster | Baja Telecaster
AVRI Jaguar | 1967 Fender Coronado II |1977 Mullet-stang | 1973 Fender Bronco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Awstin
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 3933
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought these from Rhoney. I gave them to cooterfinger as a present haha. Cool



_________________
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
www.facebook.com/thethylacinesband
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
taylornutt
.
.


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 4626
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punkacc9 wrote:
Just bought these from Rhoney. I gave them to cooterfinger as a present haha. Cool




Shocked
_________________
J Mascis Jazzmaster | Baja Telecaster
AVRI Jaguar | 1967 Fender Coronado II |1977 Mullet-stang | 1973 Fender Bronco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 595004 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!