ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Working on plans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Fleming

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been forever but made a bit of progress. Got two bodies to this point.

neck from a different build

They're rough round the neck area as I'd like to build the neck first and I'm still undecided what one is going to be? Swaying between a bass or baratone?
Anyhoo... hoping as always to be finished soonish
cur

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks nice. I had forgotten about this project.

olin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are looking good so far.
Did you get your wood from David Dyke for that? I'm tempted to try him out but thought I'd ask first.
Chris Fleming

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Cur. I really struggled to move these forward. Just can't get the access to the tools I need. Hopefully more soon

olin wrote:
These are looking good so far.
Did you get your wood from David Dyke for that? I'm tempted to try him out but thought I'd ask first.

No. I got a huge bit of wood from a local timber merchant. It cost 25 and I got enough for four bodies. Two of them aren't perfect but for painted guitars they'll be fine.
Problem with that is reducing the wood. I couldn't get access to a thicknesser or bandsaw like I'd enitially planned so got a local joiner to thickness, join and rough cut them.
It worked out at about 21 per body. I'm hoping to get future access to a workshop by getting an art studio with one on site. Just missed on one with a huge workshop
which is pretty annoying but I recently met a guy from art school that does a lot of fabrication and he was saying his place might have a spasce coming up?

Still a lot of work to do in terms of finishing them off but I've got a good idea of how to go about it. I'm getting the wood for the necks in the next few weeks and they don't
take too long to do so should see some progress soon.... but I might have said that ages ago to
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: