ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Where to get an EP done in Manchester?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gusman2x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Where to get an EP done in Manchester? Reply with quote

We're looking to get a 5 track EP done soon in Manchester, but I only really know of one producer through our practice room. Are there any people that fellow Manchester dwellers would recommend?

We'd like to get eh 5 tracks done in 2 days. Does this sound realistic? I've never recorded anything a studio, so don't really know what to expect.

Also, for all UKer's, what sort of price should we expect for a 5 track EP of decent quality?

We're a five piece REM and JAMC cross (in my head)
ekwatts
A series of tubes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother. I'll have a chat with him tomorrow and get back to you via PM if you like.

5 tracks in two days is realistic in terms of recording, but mastering is a different story. I'm not the expert, though, Jim is Wink

Brandon W wrote:
you elites.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five songs in two days is definitely doable if you're willing to work fast. An old band of mine once got eight songs recorded in one day, but we used to work ridiculously fast. In more recent projects I've taken more time over things.

For a semi-decent studio you'll be looking to spend 25 per hour at the very least. That's if you're lucky enough to find somewhere 'budget' and actually half decent.

This place might be worth a look, I used to help out there occasionally as a teenager. Their rates are cheap and Alex, the in-house engineer, really knows his shit. Not in Manchester, but Bradford isn't far, so probably still worth consideration.
gusman2x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I'd be interested in some details about your brother Eric. A pm would be much appreciated.

What was the name of the studio in bradford freddy? Might struggle getting the 4 mancs into yorkshire mind. Not me though, i love it. In fact, i'm going to move to yorkshire.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, sorry. The link was embedded in my previous post but I realise it wasn't particularly clear.

This is the place:

http://www.factorystreet.co.uk/
JordanD
Osama

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at 6DB studios too if you haven't found somewhere already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: