ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

The RhysMastah (Hurbal Jazzmaster Dub re-edit)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: The RhysMastah (Hurbal Jazzmaster Dub re-edit) Reply with quote

So I just picked this up from Hurb of this woods. Here's the original thread.

Think I'm doing away with the Lipsticks and going for a set of these Creamery Extra Width JM Pickups as J7 of this parish has a set going spare, serendipitiously.

I'm going to try and do a proper job to repair the hole in the back and do the electronics properly Jazzmaster stylee, even though I know it's a bit more of a fiddle than my usual Spartan forays into guitar electronics. I have a fair idea about how to attempt all these things as they aren't too far away from things that I've done previously with guitar stuff. I think I'm going to splurge on a proper Fender branded Jazzmaster trem unless anyone wants to drop the science on me about ones that are available in the UK that are better?

I have one and only one question at the moment and that is on the topic of bridge spacing. I don't want to shell out on AVRI Jazzmaster bridge (surprising how expensive it is for the price). Can I just drop any old TOM or RollerTOM into the standard spacings for a Jazzmaster or will I have to redrill for most? If most TOMs are a different spacing for this job, are there any that I can just use as a drop in replacement?

Finally I think I'm going to do it Racing Green with a go-faster-stripe. Maybe a garish annodized gold scratch plate. Lewks gad mun.

You'll cowards don't even smoke krack.
gusman2x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can use a Wilkinson roller bridge. They're about 15-20 I think. You'd need std TOM style inserts and posts but these should be cheap. But I believe the spacing is AOK
Noirie.
YOUTH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dropped an Epiphone tune o matic into my Jaguar. I shimmed the neck with two cardboard shims and taped the bridge posts up. Is working fine so far for me.
paul_

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also dropped an Epi Tom in my Jag thimbles, from 1999-2005. Didn't shim or tape anything, worked great with the trem.

robertOG wrote:
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"

Fran wrote:
Chamone motherfucker.
daftsupernova

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once tried my Epi G400 bridge in my Jaguar, worked great, and the Wilkinson roller bridge also fits great, albeit a little tight. I managed to get it on by dropping the posts into the thimbles and then slowly pushed the bridge onto the posts, slowly and evenly. I also shimmed the neck with the short ends of a gift card cut maybe like a centimeter, centimeter and a half wide, stacked both pieces on top of each other. It worked perfectly.

theshadowofseattle wrote:
That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: