ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

How do you record acoustic guitar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freethenoise

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:09 am    Post subject: How do you record acoustic guitar? Reply with quote

This is how I've always done it, how the fuck do you prefer to do it?

Link
visceral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anything wrong with your way. I've mic'd the fretboard with a dynamic like a sm57 or a beta57/58. I throw a condenser mic on the body and maybe even another dynamic mic near the sound hole. All the meanwhile taking a direct line-in if the acoustic guitar is able. Also, I think it just depends on the style of the musician on how one should record. Realize if he/she play with a pick or his/her fingers, is he/she percussive (drumming on the body,) does the musician play with a lot of fret buzz/swamp sound versus clean acoustic precise picking, etc. These things play a role in capturing the environment and vibe of the individual by mic placement or techniques. You can even consider the mixing perspective. Do you pan mics based on the perspective of the listener or the performer? Its up to you. Thats always been a huge thing recording drums (which perspective to pan)...not to tangent. I hope that helps contribute.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: