ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

New Short Scale Telecasters?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sidney Vicious
.
.


Joined: 30 Oct 2009
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: New Short Scale Telecasters? Reply with quote



http://www.tdpri.com/2014/08/08/fenders-new-short-scale-teles/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dezb1
The Oppressor


Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 7248
Location: glasgow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I've never seen these... Tell me more!!!
_________________
Extreme distortion used discreetly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sidney Vicious
.
.


Joined: 30 Oct 2009
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! You tell me! The article linked says they are at present only available on your side of the Atlantic -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 44665

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fucking n00bz.


this thread isn't even off the front page yet.


http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57622
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dezb1
The Oppressor


Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 7248
Location: glasgow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robroe wrote:
fucking n00b.


this thread isn't even off the front page yet.


http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57622


Fixed, my answer was laced with sarcasm... A form of humor that some Americans like yourself find tricky to understand...
_________________
Extreme distortion used discreetly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Cymbaline
.
.


Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 214

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these even real Fenders or some 3rd-party custom line?
They're not on Fender's website, nor on any mainstream retailer.
If they are legit, why the silence from Fender?


PLEASE IMMEDIATELY PROVE ME WRONG.
DEAD WRONG.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BearBoy
.
.


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5090
Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cymbaline wrote:
Are these even real Fenders or some 3rd-party custom line?
They're not on Fender's website, nor on any mainstream retailer.
If they are legit, why the silence from Fender?


PLEASE IMMEDIATELY PROVE ME WRONG.
DEAD WRONG.


Not sure where you're based but the mainstream retailers in the UK stock them. Maybe they're Europe only so not on the main Fender.com website or major US retailers?
_________________
Fran wrote:
I love how this place is basic as fuck.

ekwatts wrote:
I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 44665

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my tiny europe hands need this shit now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BearBoy
.
.


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5090
Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robroe wrote:
pencil sized manchild

_________________
Fran wrote:
I love how this place is basic as fuck.

ekwatts wrote:
I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YuriK
.
.


Joined: 12 Dec 2013
Posts: 2344
Location: nyc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robroe wrote:
my tiny europe hands need this shit now

_________________
Beau In Space wrote:
I hear this guy uses a capo.

Josh wrote:
THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU POUR WINE ON IT INSTEAD OF BEER.

euan wrote:
stop trying to put guitar mojo arrows on yuri's dick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sidney Vicious
.
.


Joined: 30 Oct 2009
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robroe wrote:
fucking n00bz.


this thread isn't even off the front page yet.


http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57622


Embarassed

I missed it -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doxastic
.
.


Joined: 10 May 2014
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of want the custom shop to build me one Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fakir Mustache
.
.


Joined: 25 Sep 2013
Posts: 3206

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fender are kind of weird with some of their instruments, for example I've never even seen a Squier Jaguar in the flesh and I've been to several European countries since 2012 when they came out. Although they seem available in the UK (haven't been there). And it took almost two years for a Squier Mustang to appear in a local store... and Thomann has run out of the Squier Jags for now it seems.

So I guess they are careful not to make too many and loose money.
_________________
dezb1 wrote:
I only buy synths with mini keys as I like the shortscale synths.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rox
.
.


Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Posts: 1283

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fakir Mustache wrote:
Fender are kind of weird with some of their instruments, for example I've never even seen a Squier Jaguar in the flesh and I've been to several European countries since 2012 when they came out. Although they seem available in the UK (haven't been there). And it took almost two years for a Squier Mustang to appear in a local store... and Thomann has run out of the Squier Jags for now it seems.

So I guess they are careful not to make too many and loose money.


Normally anywhere outside of the US and Japan it's weird about finding Fenders .. And when you do they want too much for them anyway .. I would of thought Mexico would of been good for buying Fenders ( hello, ENSENADA) but while in Guadalajara it was tough to find anything decent in the stores there . Italy was bad too in my opinion . I can't speak for anywhere else .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crumpler
.
.


Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 653
Location: va

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rox wrote:
Fakir Mustache wrote:
Fender are kind of weird with some of their instruments, for example I've never even seen a Squier Jaguar in the flesh and I've been to several European countries since 2012 when they came out. Although they seem available in the UK (haven't been there). And it took almost two years for a Squier Mustang to appear in a local store... and Thomann has run out of the Squier Jags for now it seems.

So I guess they are careful not to make too many and loose money.


Normally anywhere outside of the US and Japan it's weird about finding Fenders .. And when you do they want too much for them anyway .. I would of thought Mexico would of been good for buying Fenders ( hello, ENSENADA) but while in Guadalajara it was tough to find anything decent in the stores there . Italy was bad too in my opinion . I can't speak for anywhere else .


i used to play with a guy that had some standing gigs at resorts in mexico. he told me local guitarists were always willing to buy his used Fenders and always offered at or above US MSRP (or MAMP or whatever) because it was so hard for them to FIND what they wanted in Mexico, and when they did, the prices were nearly double US retail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
singlepup
.
.


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 4033
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Taiwan, I've seen one Squier JM and zero Squier Jags or Stangs. The JM was priced at about $520 (tax included).

They do have Classic Players and US made, but both are outrageously overpriced.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fakir Mustache
.
.


Joined: 25 Sep 2013
Posts: 3206

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting, because of seen several Squier Jazzamsters locally in a shop, even the ones with reverb handles.

I guess maybe they consider them more mainstream because they have necks like strats.
_________________
dezb1 wrote:
I only buy synths with mini keys as I like the shortscale synths.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Golden_Sonic
.
.


Joined: 28 Mar 2013
Posts: 242
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rox wrote:
Fakir Mustache wrote:
Fender are kind of weird with some of their instruments, for example I've never even seen a Squier Jaguar in the flesh and I've been to several European countries since 2012 when they came out. Although they seem available in the UK (haven't been there). And it took almost two years for a Squier Mustang to appear in a local store... and Thomann has run out of the Squier Jags for now it seems.

So I guess they are careful not to make too many and loose money.


Normally anywhere outside of the US and Japan it's weird about finding Fenders .. And when you do they want too much for them anyway .. I would of thought Mexico would of been good for buying Fenders ( hello, ENSENADA) but while in Guadalajara it was tough to find anything decent in the stores there . Italy was bad too in my opinion . I can't speak for anywhere else .


The fact is, when you talk about Italy, Fender and local musical instruments shops, the issue is not only "Fender are kind of weird with some of their instruments" but also "Italian MI shops are kind of weird with some of the instruments they sell": You can find all sort of mainstream guitar here in Italy, this means all sort of Gibson Les paul and SG, Fender Stat and Tele but, however much you may try, you won't find a Gibson Flying V, Explorer or Firebird or a Fender Jaguar, Jazzmaster and Mustang. That's because it's easier to sell "mainstream" models than 2 category models or because there are too many small MI shops that can afford to sell minor brand as Cort, Ibanez (well, not really a minor brand but it's very common here in Italy), Vintage, and several entry-level starter packs; besides, italian guitarists have a sort of idolatry for Strat, LP and Tele and the other models look odd. Lately, some (stupid, personally) italian and foreign indie bands that use 2 category models as Jaguar, Jazzmaster etc. have become a source of inspiration for several young musicians, so the 2 category models are appreciated much more now. You could apply this argument also to Epiphone and Squier. However, this is my point of view and there are some exceptions.
_________________
-Guitar: Squier VM Mustang, Squier CV '50 Duo Sonic;
-Amplifier: Hughes&Kettner Blue Edition 60;
-FXs: Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95 Wah, Boss BD-2 Blues Drive, Proco RAT, Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo, EH Small Clone, MUZA FD900, Bespeco Volume pedal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rox
.
.


Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Posts: 1283

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true. Tell ya what though. If you have a nice old Eko or Crucianelli I'd trade you for a Jaguar, Flying V, etc. Very Happy
International rapports .... Surprised
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heymcfly
.
.


Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being 17 stone I think this my look a bit ridiculous on me. Despite how much I'm pleased there's a short scale tele
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 602606 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!