ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Jag / JM bass cut switch as an HB coil split?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Jag / JM bass cut switch as an HB coil split? Reply with quote

So. I am thinking of doing an 'bucker setup in my Jag. It's already routed for it, and while I like the AVRI pickups I put in, they are noisy and a bit thin for the kind of high gain stuff my band plays. More versatility would be nice.

I already know that the pickups I would put in it split well, and I don't care too much about having individual split switches. One for both would be fine. Coincidentally I never use the bass cut switch. Anyone used that switch as a coil split in conjunction with a 3-way? I mean, is it possible? It's been a long time since I've looked at Jaguar wiring.
Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this thread on

It's discussing series/parallel but is still helpful. I might actually do that instead. Short answer to the question: If it is a DP/DT switch it's absolutely doable. CIJ/MIJ apparently come with those from the factory and only one side is used.

My Jag's electronics are from a VM, so I've gotta pull the plate off and see if it is DP/DT. If it is, it'll be exactly like wiring up a push/pull. If not, I'll just put a DP/DT in. Easy stuff since I've already got a 3-way instead of the normal Jag switches.

I have some zebra 'buckers and a black pickguard so I might go for a swanky 70s look Shocked

Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should've looked at the wiring schematic more, it is totally not possible if you want to keep the rhythm circuit (which I do for now because I like it). I'm just going to put push-pulls in the lower circuit. Some day I may go for the Classic Player wiring though. It uses the roller pots in the upper control plate as variable coil splits.

http://support.fender.com/service_diagrams/jaguar/014-1710A_SISD.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: