ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

'Road Worn' And now non-road worn 60's Jaguar MIM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dillon
.
.


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 1347
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singlepickup24 wrote:
I see where you guys are coming from, and I'll reserve judgement until I actually get a chance to play one of these bad boys. They do look cool, and stock AV pups is great news.

However, I'm definitely enjoying my Squier partscaster. With new pickups and a good set up, my VMJM feels great and sounds great. I think I have just over $500 into mine, so that's really a $400-500 difference. If I were ever to sell it, I'd make it stock again... The pups and StayTrem won't lose much value if I part them out.

Still, I do understand Paul's point about not finding a VM he liked. I have tried many in the store and was disappointed by the QC. I got really lucky with the one I found, and I am slightly hesitant to buy another. I wouldn't do it online.

I have one as well that I built for about the same amount, and I like it alright, but the more I play it the more I can't get on with the big frets. I'll be waiting for the day when they make a Jaguar neck with a 9.5" or 12" radius, but with medium frets, not medium jumbo, before I buy another one. Still, these are verrrry tempting even though I'm not a huge fan of 7.25" radius.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crumpler
.
.


Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 653
Location: va

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

serfx wrote:
crumpler wrote:
i ordered the 'non-road-worn' from sweetwater for $919 shipped.
i'll let ya know what i think when it gets here.



shows them both as the same price to me, and then a huge flag saying "WE DON'T SHIP TO CANADA, STUPID CANUCK!"
or something..

either way $919 shipped is killer.
wonder what the "deluxe gig bag" is going to look like.
shame it isn't a "generic hardshell case"
those usually last longer, and save guitars in shipping..


I got this one instead, comes with a hard case.
I got the sales person to knock it down to $919 from $999.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Jag60RFR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rox
.
.


Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Posts: 1283

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ultratwin wrote:
Cucumbers are 93% water. And 7% cucumber Idea



Speaking of cucumbers that Jazzy can use a fucking mint pickguard.... Laughing


I do agree with you on the "broken in" part. It's what's nice about the RoadWorns. They already scratched the fuck out of it so you don't have to.. Less guilt for more play..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dots
BADmin


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 1012470
Location: on the move

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but while it is significantly cheaper than the avri, paying a grand for a guitar someone did the "favor" of scratching for me seems odd. Love that they seem to have a lot of available colors tho.
_________________
robroe wrote:
I'm fuckin old dudes

jcyphe wrote:
But the people need that wiggle stick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
crumpler
.
.


Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Posts: 653
Location: va

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dots wrote:
Yeah, but while it is significantly cheaper than the avri, paying a grand for a guitar someone did the "favor" of scratching for me seems odd. Love that they seem to have a lot of available colors tho.



THIS ONE isn't roadworn tho.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BearBoy
.
.


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5089
Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewart wrote:
christ.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JazzM60LSG

bet we don't get these in the uk.


Looks like they have finally made their way over the Atlantic (non-roadworn only so far):

Sea Foam Green Jazzmaster

Fiesta Red Jaguar

802 each and in stock.
_________________
Fran wrote:
I love how this place is basic as fuck.

ekwatts wrote:
I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stewart
Cunning Linguist


Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 17625
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh shit. might have to start saving for the JM. it's perfect.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jcyphe
.
.


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 16416

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With patience you can still find AVRIs used for $900-1200 in The States. The price of these doesn't convince me. I haven't played one yet but it seems like a lot of scratch for a Mexican made guitar. Consistency would be more important to me than a Nitro finish which I care nothing about.
_________________
paul_ wrote:
When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
George
.
.


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 20162
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BearBoy wrote:
stewart wrote:
christ.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JazzM60LSG

bet we don't get these in the uk.


Looks like they have finally made their way over the Atlantic (non-roadworn only so far):

Sea Foam Green Jazzmaster

Fiesta Red Jaguar

802 each and in stock.


funny (and sad) that for nigh on the same price as that decked out jazzy, gibson is offering this monstrosity...



http://www.andertons.co.uk/solid-body-electric-guitars/pid35974/cid671/gibson-usa-2015-sg-special-in-fireburst.asp

if anyoen is going 2015 without a single fuck, it's gibson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stewart
Cunning Linguist


Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 17625
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcyphe wrote:
With patience you can still find AVRIs used for $900-1200 in The States. The price of these doesn't convince me. I haven't played one yet but it seems like a lot of scratch for a Mexican made guitar. Consistency would be more important to me than a Nitro finish which I care nothing about.


i've seen a couple of AVRI JMs for sale over here in the past couple of months, and they were both around 1200 = $1800, which just isn't on. they used to sell for less than that new.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jcyphe
.
.


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 16416

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewart wrote:
jcyphe wrote:
With patience you can still find AVRIs used for $900-1200 in The States. The price of these doesn't convince me. I haven't played one yet but it seems like a lot of scratch for a Mexican made guitar. Consistency would be more important to me than a Nitro finish which I care nothing about.


i've seen a couple of AVRI JMs for sale over here in the past couple of months, and they were both around 1200 = $1800, which just isn't on. they used to sell for less than that new.


Yeah, I can't speak to the prices ya'll pay. They always seem inflated for no reason.

There's a sunburst AVRI Jazzmaster on eBay now starting bid $900, BIN $1199.
_________________
paul_ wrote:
When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stewart
Cunning Linguist


Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 17625
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sold for $1175. i'd kick a man to death for one that price.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jcyphe
.
.


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 16416

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewart wrote:
sold for $1175. i'd kick a man to death for one that price.


It was like a 45-60 minute drive from me, too.
_________________
paul_ wrote:
When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 602115 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!