ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

My very first build. 3/4 scale telecaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
escobat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: My very first build. 3/4 scale telecaster Reply with quote

After a lot of research I took a chance and built my son a 3/4 scale telecaster this past Christmas. I didn't build the neck, I wasn't ready for that just yet but I'm getting everything together now to try and build my first full scale guitar, neck and all. I took a full size set of tele plans and shrunk it down on adobe illustrator marked where i needed to route and basically just free handed all the routing. Hmm, so apparently I can't post pictures on here while on mobile so here is a link to the whole build.

http://imgur.com/gallery/gniIK

I'm looking to build another 3/4 scale guitar and wondering if someone has ever built a 22.3/4" scale neck and would be able to give me any advice.
Zack

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you didn't paint the top of the guitar, the walnut looks lovely. I would have liked to see it all natural.

What questions/help are you looking for in regards to the neck?
This site has documentation about developing scale length and built in calculators so you don't need to do 24 equations unless you want to.
escobat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goots. wrote:
Glad you didn't paint the top of the guitar, the walnut looks lovely. I would have liked to see it all natural.

What questions/help are you looking for in regards to the neck?
This site has documentation about developing scale length and built in calculators so you don't need to do 24 equations unless you want to.

Thanks a bunch. I guess my main question would be if a regular length truss rod would work in such a short neck? I've been trying to find info or a video of someone building a 22.75" scale neck and haven't come up with anything. Couldn't even find one to buy that size.
NickS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get 350 mm, 375 mm, 380 mm, 400 mm, 420 mm, 440 mm and 460 mm truss rods (at least) according to Google.
singlepup

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love your build, especially the walnut top and the spiderman headstock. Your son is very lucky.
jmmc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was a cool project. lucky kid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: