ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Duo-Sonic Jag-Stang

View previous topic :: View next topic  
singlepup

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Duo-Sonic Jag-Stang Reply with quote

lank: https://reverb.com/item/717441-fender-partscaster-duosonic-50s-90s-black-jagstang-neck

This is an amazing guitar IMO. Just two problems: I don't love the bridge, and it's overpriced for sure.

Essentially someone refinished a 50s Duo-Sonic body, routed it for a JB in the bridge, and slapped on a Jag-Stang neck. Sweet.

Thomas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It reminds me of the '59/'77 I put together for the missus. I chucked a Strat hard tail bridge on it. I tried to find an original but they were selling for more money than the rest of the guitar cost.

paul_

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pedigree but it's an ugly bugger.

robertOG wrote:
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"

Fran wrote:
Chamone motherfucker.
zastruga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Duo-Sonic Jag-Stang Reply with quote

singlepup wrote:
lank: https://reverb.com/item/717441-fender-partscaster-duosonic-50s-90s-black-jagstang-neck

This is an amazing guitar IMO. Just two problems: I don't love the bridge, and it's overpriced for sure.

Essentially someone refinished a 50s Duo-Sonic body, routed it for a JB in the bridge, and slapped on a Jag-Stang neck. Sweet.

What is that bridge?? Its a monster! A MONSTER!!
paul_

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an old Schaller or Leo Quan probably not made anymore. Some type of '70s hot-rod piece intended to "fix" the "primitive" old Fender hardware by cock-rock standards, in any case. Schaller's roller hardtail still looks a bit like that, albeit more refined and less hand-jabby.

robertOG wrote:
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"

Fran wrote:
Chamone motherfucker.
zastruga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul_ wrote:
Looks like an old Schaller or Leo Quan probably not made anymore. Some type of '70s hot-rod piece intended to "fix" the "primitive" old Fender hardware by cock-rock standards, in any case. Schaller's roller hardtail still looks a bit like that, albeit more refined and less hand-jabby.

Its funny how it just looks more primitive. Big square block of metal, nothing space age about it at all!
Fran
The Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul_ wrote:

Teh sustain and all that...

It does look a bit aesthetically unbalanced but I think that's the bucker w/mounting plate more than the bridge. I quite like it.

NickS wrote:
Earl Grey tea is flavoured with bergamot oil, which is extracted by crushing the anal glands of cliff-nesting seabirds in a press.

brandonwinmill wrote:
Maybe i'll sell my internet. It's lost its fun since i already beat it twice.
paul_

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think it is just the bucker. That head-to-toe shot of it in the case makes the top horn look a bit funny too, the dead-on shot of the body right below it strikes me better somehow.

Teh sustain blockz. It's either that or kidnap Clapton and have a back-alley finger transplant done, dear magazine reader!

robertOG wrote:

Fran wrote:
Chamone motherfucker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: