ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

New Orange Micro Dark Amp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BearBoy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: New Orange Micro Dark Amp Reply with quote

Quote:
Building on the overwhelming success of our acclaimed Dark Terror and Dual Dark amps, we’ve distilled thousands of customer demands into a pint-sized valve hybrid head – the Micro Dark.

The Micro Dark shares the same intuitive Shape control combined with a new 12AX7-driven high gain preamp section which yields screaming dirty tones that make a mockery of its miniature frame. Like its bigger brothers, however, the Micro Dark’s smoky black chassis and simple layout actually disguises its cunning versatility.

Of course, there’s plenty of gain on tap to satisfy even the most discerning devotee of distortion, but this little beast is by no means just a one-trick Metal monster! Beneath the menacing exterior you’ll find a rich and diverse pallette of classy and confident tones. From squeaky clean to brash and mean – whatever your style – you’re gonna love this thing.

Other features include a transparent fully buffered effects loop and a headphone output with our popular CabSim circuitry. With the optional matching PPC108 speaker cabinet, the Micro Dark makes for a perfect portable practice rig which also mics up superbly in the studio. To properly shake things up however, plug into a full sized Orange PPC412 and unleash the full potential of this remarkable micro amp head.

Link

LANK

ekwatts wrote:
I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Jagtornado

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sound comes out of anybody s fingers There is no sound inside anybody s fingers You produce sound with the help of your fingers
dots
BADmin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw these at guitar center. very tempting just for noodling...

jcyphe wrote:
But the people need that wiggle stick.
dots
BADmin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and this might be a good replacement for ditching the jvm's silent recording. hmmm...

jcyphe wrote:
But the people need that wiggle stick.
Mattsican

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on the fence... fucking youtube and my credit card convinced me. I've a Dual Terror/1960a cab i use in a band setting, but this will replace my valveking micro i was using for home riffing with my ppc12.

I dont always have a chance to hop on my desktop computer at home. But when i do, i find myself browsing shortscale fairly quickly. And once im on shortscale, i usually end up finding a new piece of gear one of y'll post and rationalize a reason why i need it.
Fakir Mustache

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattsican wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: