ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Squier Mini 22.5 inch scale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nigel1

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Squier Mini 22.5 inch scale Reply with quote

Well, while browsing in my favorite local pawn shop, a place where I've found several of my guitars, I noticed a Fiesta Red Squier Mini Strat. It lacked a string and the plastic on the pickguard had not been removed. It was peeling and looked bad. So I made an offer and got the guitar for $40 US. I replaced the strings with a .010 to .046 set after giving the guitar a thorough cleaning, removing all of the plastic protective film. And then of course some set-up. Nice guitar! I had an old Dakota Red Fender Duo-sonic once that had a 22.5 inch scale and I wanted something like that again, without shelling out big bucks. This, actually is a better guitar than the old Duo-sonic. The pickups are surprisingly good and it intonates well-- good bridge. Low action. Nice feel to the neck. I play it through a Roland amp. It reminds me of my old Fender, but it cost very little and plays much better. There's really nothing you can't play on one of these mini strats, and many things you can't play on a full-size strat you can play on the mini because of the short scale. I really like it.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye. just picked up a red one for my step-daughter, after having such a good experience with the pink one i got years ago for my ex's oldest daughter. i think i got it for $45. the color is actually "torino red." very similar to fiesta, but less orange.

didn't really do much to it other than new strings, and tweaking the pickup height. has a loose output jack that i'll sort out as soon as i remember it when i'm not on the computer.
Ankhanu

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the one I got my daughter is great. Heavier strings help a lot... and upgrading the tuners would be a sensible change, but I haven't done it yet.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: