ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

NBD: Epiphone EB-3 (Pelham Blue)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it this weekend and found myself wondering what the flim-flam-FUCK happened to Freddy's bass??

I tried wrapping all types of tissue and gauze and PTFE tape around the bushings but none of that stuff would hold overnight when tuned up to tension, so I ended up using Elmer's wood glue, just a cut above the surprisingly delicious grade school variety. My thinking was it should be something soluble in case I wanted to yank them and do an hipshot/groundwire repair down the line. RE that ground wire, it's in the treble side stud pointing off towards the control cavity, I avoided smearing glue on that side of the bushing but it probably wouldn't have been a problem after pushing the bushing in.

robertOG wrote:
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"

Fran wrote:
Chamone motherfucker.
sunshiner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a couple of matches will fixate the studs. From my experience mahogany is rigid and after pulling out bushings for several times you may have to towel holes and drill the new ones
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Paul! I tried a bunch of stuff myself and none of it worked unfortunately. Ended up taking the bass to a local tech who sorted it out for me, but unfortunately I'm not entirely sure what he did. Either way it's held up to regular (extremely heavy handed) playing in the 6 months since then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: