ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Mustang Headstocks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaguar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Mustang Headstocks? Reply with quote

I came across a file that has pretty much all the Fender headstock shapes in it with all the details of tuner placement and shit, but oddly enough the file doesnt have a Mustang headstock in it. Even after googling I can see the Mustang headstock is a different shape than that of the Jaguar, which is in the file.

Does anyone have a trace of the Mustang headstock? Or have a vintage Mustang neck they can trace? I'd like to compare it to the Jag one and use it as a template for future Mustang necks I may make.

Fakir Mustache

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 66 but I'm not going to take the tuners off and I doubt I can do an accurate tracing.

But there are several types of Mustang headstocks, the 1964 Mustang and Jaguar headstocks look different, here are some pics:
http://www.vintageandrare.com/product/Fender-Mustang-1964-Red-53304
the 1964 Jag headstocks look similar.

This site has a lot of info, notice that 65 on the right has the 64 style headstock, while those two 66s have a different style:
Web Page Name
Groovy Tunes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1975 mustang, but the headstock is quite late than that. A mid 60s mustang is more in the ballpark of that design I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: