ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiWiki   ShortScale RadioRadio  ShortScale WikiBuilder

Free interactive wave editor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Free interactive wave editor? Reply with quote

Some while ago when I started copying stuff from vinyl, I used a wave editor that allowed me to zoom right in to the waveform and drag the sample values around to remove pops and clicks. I haven't done that for 5 or 6 years but I thought it was Nero WaveEditor.

I downloaded the latest version of Nero WaveEditor, or as it turned out, the downloader that also installed Nero TuneUp, some 390 MB Sound Recorder and a load of other stuff I didn't need and after I dumped all that garbage I ran up Nero WaveEditor to find it doesn't seem to do what I want any more. You used to be able to click on the waveform and all the sample points would appear as spots to drag about. Maybe that's now only available in the Pro version, but I'm not buying that.

So, does anyone know of something that will allow me to do that these days in Windows 10?
BearBoy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Audacity can do that sort of thing.

ekwatts wrote:
I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
NickS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a look, ta.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: