ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiWiki   ShortScale RadioRadio  ShortScale WikiBuilder

Recording setup tips/suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ankhanu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject: Recording setup tips/suggestions Reply with quote

I asked this on Facebook, but, hey, you guys are a wealth of information, so I should ask you too.

I'm looking to start doing a little bit of home recording; music demos, possible podcasts, and the like. What do you suggest for a mic pre/mixer, Mic/instrument DAC, and the like to get audio into my Macs and/or iPad Pro. I've got software like GarageBand, Adobe Audition CS6, and Audacity on the Mac, and Ferrite on iOS for learning mixing/DAW, but need a good way to get audio in (once I have mics). Being able to run instruments direct would be nice, but I'm also interested in micing amps and acoustics. On the potential podcasting front, I want at least two XLR inputs for mics, though up to 4 would be beneficial.
I'm running an iMac 5k, and a 13" retina MacBook Pro, so a couple USB3.0 ports, and Thunderbolt 2 ports to play with; no USB-C.

Less cost is always better than more cost, as long as audio quality is reasonable.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: