ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

NPD - DOD Carcosa fuzz and Ibanez Echo Shifter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekwatts
A series of tubes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: NPD - DOD Carcosa fuzz and Ibanez Echo Shifter Reply with quote

So I've wanted both of these for a while. They were worth the wait. Instant favourites.

The Carcosa is brutal and surprisingly versatile. It can do pretty much everything you'd realistically want from a fuzz, and does that whole "dying battery" splattery sound too, if you set the controls right.

The Ibanez is just a super nice analog delay.

Brandon W wrote:
you elites.
Doog
can i get uhhh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niiiiiice, have had my eye out for a(n even) cheap(er) Carcosa for ages; seems flexible enough to make it a keeper.

I really loved the semi-fuzz, semi-OD, squashy 'tiny amp' compression thing the Function F(x) Clusterfuzz I had used to do, but found it way too bright and lacking in lows against my preferred kind of clean sound. Would defo be curious as to how close the DOD gets with those controls
ekwatts
A series of tubes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doog wrote:
Niiiiiice, have had my eye out for a(n even) cheap(er) Carcosa for ages; seems flexible enough to make it a keeper.

I really loved the semi-fuzz, semi-OD, squashy 'tiny amp' compression thing the Function F(x) Clusterfuzz I had used to do, but found it way too bright and lacking in lows against my preferred kind of clean sound. Would defo be curious as to how close the DOD gets with those controls

This thing has low-end out of wazoo. Not Woolly Mammoth levels, but definitely better than average.

ProGuitarShop did about three videos of it I think, the main advert one and then two more showcasing more of the sounds it can do.

It's actually a little wilder than I expected through my Ampeg.

Brandon W wrote:
you elites.
Doog
can i get uhhh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noice. Had a listen to JustNickMusic's demo/walkntalkthru, nice to hear it against a clean amp with the controls being properly shown off, rather than the usual PGS approach of 'just find best possible settings'

Link

100% don't need another fuzz, but might be able to clear out the drawer a little more to justify it
daftsupernova

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Carcosa, I use it every once in a while when i want a ripping fuzz tone, it's fantastic.

theshadowofseattle wrote:
That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: