ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Best Reverse Reverb pedal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noirie.
YOUTH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Best Reverse Reverb pedal Reply with quote

Suggestions guys. Budget is like £100 and under.
dezb1
The Oppressor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watts has one for sale here:

http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66480

Cancel that it's a delay
plaidbeer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A used Zoom MS-70CDR is a good option. They're only around $120 new. Just be sure to update it to the latest OS which has additional models.
71Smallbox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digitech Hardwire RV-7 or Digitech Digiverb. Both should be in your price range. The Digiverb is a bit grittier sounding, but both sound good.
Johno

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of those Alesis nanoverbs? when the internet rediscovered them about 12 years ago. Did a very nice reverse reverb.
singlepup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past two years, I've owned the Digitech Digiverb, the Hardwire RV-7, and the Zoom MS70CDR. I also own a Boss RV-6, but that one doesn't have reverse.

I personally like the Zoom best for reverse reverb AND gated reverb. The Zoom has a digital interface that allows you a lot of control when dialing in tone and decay. That's super important because digital reverb has the tendency to sound harsh. The Zoom's verbs, when dialed back quite a bit, add a wonderful psychedelic ambiance that combines well with drives and other reverbs. I've found that using the Zoom pedal also helps my guitar "sit in the mix."

The Digitech seemed to be the muddiest of the three. It did sound good for some swirling texture, but wasn't my cup of tea. I had the highest hopes for the Hardwire, which is pretty revered in the reverse reverb community. I thought it sounded too bright/harsh no matter what I did.

Before I got the Zoom, I combined the Digitech with the Boss RV-6 and a Cool Cat Chorus for some decent clean tones. The Digitech was usually in reverse mode but dialed way back. I never used the Hardwire regularly. I tried to like it for a few weeks, then I stopped using it and sold it.

But that's just like my opinion, man Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: