ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Fender Musicmaster Refinish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johno

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Fender Musicmaster Refinish Reply with quote

So I've stripped the finish (with nail polish remover & a cloth Smile)from my Musicmaster & had decided to give it a Mary Kaye style finish using Wudtone dye, either the Blonde or Olympic http://www.wudtone.com/product-category/finishing-kits/dye-pigment-will-solid-colour/

But the body has a couple of dark knots which may look a bit crap with a transparent finish, anyone have experience of bleaching/fading wood or perhaps I go for a darker colour... not sure I can be bothered with a spray can finish?

cooter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bleached water stains out of a guitar neck before with good results. Wood bleach is fairly inexpensive so I would definitely give it a shot.
It did take quite a few applications for it to fade but it did work. Not sure how well it would work on natural wood knots but, like I said, the wood bleach was
inexpensive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: