ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Any thoughts on semi-hollow bodies ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
izodiak
.
.


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: Latvia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I found a channel I want to subscribe on (--:
Looks really nice !

Need to find an Riviera somewhere...
_________________
kim wrote:
plankton people will be plankton people
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
plopswagon
.
.


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 11434
Location: Behind you. Don't turn around

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshiner wrote:
Them Sheratons had maple necks that are a bit sturdier than your average mahogany ES style neck, but anyway they are no match for Fender necks.

Is it you on the bass?


please forgive my hair whipping, the 80's were barely over...
_________________
theshadowofseattle wrote:
Happy birthday dot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sunshiner
.
.


Joined: 02 Nov 2012
Posts: 3909
Location: Around the corner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plopswagon wrote:
sunshiner wrote:
Them Sheratons had maple necks that are a bit sturdier than your average mahogany ES style neck, but anyway they are no match for Fender necks.

Is it you on the bass?


please forgive my hair whipping, the 80's were barely over...

Kidding? You were cool as fuck. Also that was a nice tune
_________________
matte30is wrote:
Someone man up and get a balloon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
izodiak
.
.


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: Latvia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the trick with aliexpress guitars ?

Fakenbacker ?

They are total bu**shit ?
_________________
kim wrote:
plankton people will be plankton people
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Noirie.
YOUTH


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 4640

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the Les Paul copies I've tried have been good. But the sellers are cunts and get uppity if you get a lemon.

If you want a Rickenbacker copy buy a Harley Benton instead. At least then if it's shit you can return it and get your money back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshiner
.
.


Joined: 02 Nov 2012
Posts: 3909
Location: Around the corner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a lot of experience, but from what I have I conclude that all these Chinese manufacturers on Aliexpress have no notion of defective goods - they try and sell everything. I ordered two necks and both came bowed out of the box, with not working trussrods. I opened a dispute and had to make several videos showing me adjusting them and them not doing shit and luckily I got the refund. I checked the latest feedbacks of the lot and all of them claimed the same. It means that the whole batch was defective. I saw a guitar bought for cheap on Aliexpress and it had a not working trussrod. At the same time I saw great strat necks ordered from Alixepress for next to nothing - straight, nice finish, nice fretwork, working trussrods. I suppose it's a lottery.

So yeah, it's better to buy a Harley Benton instead
_________________
matte30is wrote:
Someone man up and get a balloon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kingkiller
.
.


Joined: 02 Jun 2017
Posts: 804
Location: Dumbtown, Florida

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other big thing with Rickenbacker fakes is that if you get one from somewhere like Aliexpress and later on down the road try to sell it, sometimes Rickenbaker themselves are real cunts about trying to get the listing taken down. Granted, I understand their logic, but maybe go after the huge factories knocking out the fakes, not someone just trying to chuck theirs on eBay or whatever
_________________
Al_ wrote:
I prefer to squeeze balls.


robroe wrote:
You silly fucks


westtexasred wrote:
stay classy robroe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noirie.
YOUTH


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 4640

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingkiller wrote:
Granted, I understand their logic


I sent them dick pics when they flagged and removed my Reverb listings.

Rickenbacker are pussies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul_
.
.


Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Posts: 9191

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rickenbacker make Gibson look like UNICEF.
_________________
Aug wrote:
which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? Mad

robertOG wrote:
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kingkiller
.
.


Joined: 02 Jun 2017
Posts: 804
Location: Dumbtown, Florida

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noirie. wrote:
kingkiller wrote:
Granted, I understand their logic


I sent them dick pics when they flagged and removed my Reverb listings.

Rickenbacker are pussies.

Oh believe me, understanding their logic and justifying it are two different things
_________________
Al_ wrote:
I prefer to squeeze balls.


robroe wrote:
You silly fucks


westtexasred wrote:
stay classy robroe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fakir Mustache
.
.


Joined: 25 Sep 2013
Posts: 3412

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingkiller wrote:
The other big thing with Rickenbacker fakes is that if you get one from somewhere like Aliexpress and later on down the road try to sell it, sometimes Rickenbaker themselves are real cunts about trying to get the listing taken down. Granted, I understand their logic, but maybe go after the huge factories knocking out the fakes, not someone just trying to chuck theirs on eBay or whatever

They can't go after the factories because they are not in the US. They sometimes send threatening letters to people in other countries, but don't really have any power. They usually just threaten individuals who don't want to go to court for a single guitar.
_________________
dezb1 wrote:
I only buy synths with mini keys as I like the shortscale synths.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kingkiller
.
.


Joined: 02 Jun 2017
Posts: 804
Location: Dumbtown, Florida

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fakir Mustache wrote:
kingkiller wrote:
The other big thing with Rickenbacker fakes is that if you get one from somewhere like Aliexpress and later on down the road try to sell it, sometimes Rickenbaker themselves are real cunts about trying to get the listing taken down. Granted, I understand their logic, but maybe go after the huge factories knocking out the fakes, not someone just trying to chuck theirs on eBay or whatever

They can't go after the factories because they are not in the US. They sometimes send threatening letters to people in other countries, but don't really have any power. They usually just threaten individuals who don't want to go to court for a single guitar.


That makes a lot of sense, I didn’t think about the fact that the factories don’t have to follow US trademark law
_________________
Al_ wrote:
I prefer to squeeze balls.


robroe wrote:
You silly fucks


westtexasred wrote:
stay classy robroe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickD
.
.


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 3767
Location: Sheffield, Innit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fakir Mustache wrote:
kingkiller wrote:
The other big thing with Rickenbacker fakes is that if you get one from somewhere like Aliexpress and later on down the road try to sell it, sometimes Rickenbaker themselves are real cunts about trying to get the listing taken down. Granted, I understand their logic, but maybe go after the huge factories knocking out the fakes, not someone just trying to chuck theirs on eBay or whatever

They can't go after the factories because they are not in the US. They sometimes send threatening letters to people in other countries, but don't really have any power. They usually just threaten individuals who don't want to go to court for a single guitar.


It's not even that, more that the sites you would sell on (if you are UK based) are generally owned by US companies who are constrained by US law. So Ebay or Facebook tell me to take down the ad and I have to (or it is taken down for me). If it was purely a UK based site they would have far less weight, and if (by some miracle) they found out that I was advertising my Rickenbacker copy locally I could probably just tell them to GTF.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
izodiak
.
.


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: Latvia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats enough about the crazy laws

It looks like Im going to buy the 2622 without bigsby (scared of that) and some Gretsch FilterTron bridge and HiloTron for neck.

What do You think will that sound spanky and gretsch'y ?
_________________
kim wrote:
plankton people will be plankton people
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
dezb1
The Oppressor


Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 7453
Location: glasgow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izodiak wrote:
Thats enough about the crazy laws

It looks like Im going to buy the 2622 without bigsby (scared of that) and some Gretsch FilterTron bridge and HiloTron for neck.

What do You think will that sound spanky and gretsch'y ?


Probably a good choice the Streamliner I have is great - I'd wait to check out the stock pickups before buying new ones.
_________________
Extreme distortion used discreetly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
izodiak
.
.


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: Latvia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dezb1 wrote:
I'd wait to check out the stock pickups before buying new ones.


Well, I played them in a store and I didnt hear this 'bounce of the string' - 'plucky', little bit dissapointed..
And I heard every one commenting on youtubez that those new 'humbuckers' are not the same, not so much 'treble'.
But Yeah, You can order from thomann any time , every where.
With this order better Ill a get string/plate reverb simulator. :--D
_________________
kim wrote:
plankton people will be plankton people
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
izodiak
.
.


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 1480
Location: Latvia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more faker, ok, two

How can these fakers make nice stickers and everything (but no pictures of the headstock, they have a nice 335 copy too)

Sorry, still checking.
Im on a budget so spend my free time on trying to find the "good option"

Say when I get annoying with my questions ! Cool
_________________
kim wrote:
plankton people will be plankton people
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 636142 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!