ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Neutrik silent plug/Ibanez Soudtank unexpected issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Neutrik silent plug/Ibanez Soudtank unexpected issue Reply with quote

Monday night was our drummer's final performance assessment for his course at the Academy of Contemporary Music, Guildford, and he had asked us to be *the* one of his six bands to play. No problem, we set up as usual on the wooden stage in the little performance room. My pedals are on a Stagg pedalboard/case and the final pedal is an old Ibanez Soundtank Digital Delay.

The lead I've been using back to the amp has a Neutrik Silent plug to avoid that nasty buzz as you unplug.
After we set up the singer decided to move closer to me so that the assessor could have a clear sight-line to the drummer. He moves around quite energetically. The guitar amp was not mic'ed up and I could only just hear myself, but towards the end of the first song I became aware that there was no sound coming out of the amp. After a few panicked seconds (Have I accidentally stepped on the tuner? The volume pedal?) I realised that the Neutrik plug had popped out of the Soundtank pedal. This has never happened before. It happened again during the second of three songs, so I swapped the cable so that the other end (not a Neutrik Silent plug) was in the pedal. No issue during the third and final song...

I don't know whether our singer actually trod on the cable or whether it was the vibrations from his dancing so close, but it wasn't what I needed. Still, they were listening to the drummer and not me, and I think he did well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: