ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

FUCK YOU EHX SAYS YOU NEED ANOTHER (x)9 PEDAL

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
daftsupernova
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 2493
Location: bottom of in a hell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject: FUCK YOU EHX SAYS YOU NEED ANOTHER (x)9 PEDAL Reply with quote


Link


MAKE YOUR GUITAR SOUND LIKE 9 VARIATIONS OF AN OCTAVE DOWN
_________________
Doog wrote:
Tone is stored in the balls

theshadowofseattle wrote:
That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dots
BADmin


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 1013527
Location: on the move

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sondz kool, looks spendy.
_________________
robroe wrote:
I'm fuckin old dudes

ekwatts wrote:
I'd looked for him to see if he was still meme-worthy and it turned out he was dead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Doog
can i get uhhh


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 19672
Location: London

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: FUCK YOU EHX SAYS YOU NEED ANOTHER (x)9 PEDAL Reply with quote

daftsupernova wrote:


MAKE YOUR GUITAR SOUND LIKE 9 VARIATIONS OF AN OCTAVE DOWN


To be fair, it does sound way more convincing as a 'bass' than any other octave effect I've heard, and also seems to do semitone shifting in some settings?

The MicroPOG still goes for not much less than what they're asking here (both spendy, admittedly), but this new boi has a lot more options, albeit no octave up. It's even got that OC-3 'only octave on the lower strings' thing, neat.

I'd defo give one a spin when they start showing up in stores.
_________________
musics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daftsupernova
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 2493
Location: bottom of in a hell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i gave it a little more listen and it is pretty good tbh for a sub octaver, but i still contend that it is 9 variations of an octave down. 9 really cool variations
_________________
Doog wrote:
Tone is stored in the balls

theshadowofseattle wrote:
That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doog
can i get uhhh


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 19672
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's why we all only have one drive pedal, right
_________________
musics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fakir Mustache
.
.


Joined: 25 Sep 2013
Posts: 3410

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see the point of it, unless you need to sub for a bassist in an emergency situation.

I already have a couple of basses and a small keyboard synth and zero GAS for this thing.
_________________
dezb1 wrote:
I only buy synths with mini keys as I like the shortscale synths.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekwatts
A series of tubes


Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Posts: 22297
Location: Bongchester

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is maddening. I want to take the piss out of it because... well, it's just so silly on the surface.

But it also sounds pretty good.

Fuck you, EHX. This is worse than when they released the Blurst. The stupidest title in the world for a pedal I desperately need. IRL trolling.
_________________


Brandon W wrote:
you elites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doog
can i get uhhh


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 19672
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fakir Mustache wrote:
I don't really see the point of it, unless you need to sub for a bassist in an emergency situation


Or, y'know.. want an octaver. Or a baritone. Or a general down-tuner. Or synth sounds. Or bowed cello sound. Or a fretless bass sound. Or a clavinet kinda sound.

It's almost like it does more that that one thing you don't see the point of
_________________
musics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickD
.
.


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 3765
Location: Sheffield, Innit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doog wrote:
Fakir Mustache wrote:
I don't really see the point of it, unless you need to sub for a bassist in an emergency situation


Or, y'know.. want an octaver. Or a baritone. Or a general down-tuner. Or synth sounds. Or bowed cello sound. Or a fretless bass sound. Or a clavinet kinda sound.

It's almost like it does more that that one thing you don't see the point of


Yup, I see a point in it as I have no basses and no synth. Funny how that works. It is a little spendy though for something that would get fairly limited use.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BearBoy
.
.


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5309
Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have been all over this about 10 years ago (thanks EHX you tardy pricks Mad *). Just using an octave pedal doesn't make your guitar sound like a bass; it just makes your guitar sound like a guitar an octave lower. ** This is a different kettle of fish to something like a MicroPOG.

I had a Boss recording studio thing that had a bass simulator effect. It sounded pretty decent but was let down by flakey tracking. This would have sorted me out for my home recording perfectly.




*I have since bought a couple of basses and a couple of synths so have no need for it now. But would have loved this previously on Bearboy.
**Edit: actually, this isn't true. Octave pedals can also sound synthy or whatever but they never sound like an actual bass.
_________________
Fran wrote:
I love how this place is basic as fuck.

ekwatts wrote:
I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doog
can i get uhhh


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 19672
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BearBoy wrote:

I had a Boss recording studio thing that had a bass simulator effect. It sounded pretty decent but was let down by flakey tracking.


lol that bass effect was my go-to for demos back in the day, good ol' BR-8.

dom dom dom dommmmmmbmbmbmblbllprlzlzlzlz
_________________
musics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BearBoy
.
.


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5309
Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
_________________
Fran wrote:
I love how this place is basic as fuck.

ekwatts wrote:
I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kingkiller
.
.


Joined: 02 Jun 2017
Posts: 802
Location: Dumbtown, Florida

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deep Bass 9
_________________
Al_ wrote:
I prefer to squeeze balls.


robroe wrote:
You silly fucks


westtexasred wrote:
stay classy robroe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul_
.
.


Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Posts: 9191

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doog wrote:
BearBoy wrote:

I had a Boss recording studio thing that had a bass simulator effect. It sounded pretty decent but was let down by flakey tracking.


lol that bass effect was my go-to for demos back in the day, good ol' BR-8.

dom dom dom dommmmmmbmbmbmblbllprlzlzlzlz


Same but '90s Digitech Whammy
_________________
Aug wrote:
which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? Mad

robertOG wrote:
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickS
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 9539
Location: Nr. Basinggrad, UK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May reduce the market for the Digitech The Drop with that detune feature. I bought one a few weeks ago; there again it's probably a third or half the price of this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doog
can i get uhhh


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 19672
Location: London

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Digitech Whameez and kin still using wacky power supplies?
_________________
musics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul_
.
.


Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Posts: 9191

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doog wrote:
Are Digitech Whameez and kin still using wacky power supplies?


Nope, the current generation Whammy 5, Whammy DT and Whammy Ricochet all have a 9v center neg supply. They also track better than any previous Whammys, even the Whammy IV did that warbly shit sometimes.
_________________
Aug wrote:
which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? Mad

robertOG wrote:
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BearBoy
.
.


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5309
Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickS wrote:
it's probably a third or half the price of this.


Drop is much cheaper (£95ish compared to £205ish).
_________________
Fran wrote:
I love how this place is basic as fuck.

ekwatts wrote:
I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 635818 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!