ShortScale Forum Index
www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader  

Finding the Right Shortscale
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject: Mustang VM neck Reply with quote

Hi,
I've got a Mustang VM in Sonic Blue and find the neck far too clubby for me, I've got small hands (should have known better than to buy without trying). As a result it's just sat in it's gigbag waiting for me to get off my arse to do something about it or sell it on. So interested in Doog's post on getting a MM neck. Where would I get one? Grateful for any advice.

Lew
jc808

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Mustang VM neck Reply with quote

LewA wrote:
Hi,
I've got a Mustang VM in Sonic Blue and find the neck far too clubby for me, I've got small hands (should have known better than to buy without trying). As a result it's just sat in it's gigbag waiting for me to get off my arse to do something about it or sell it on. So interested in Doog's post on getting a MM neck. Where would I get one? Grateful for any advice.

Lew

If you think the VM has a chunky neck, you may not want to replace it with a Musicmaster neck. Mine measures .088 at the 1st fret, .95 at the 12th. I think that’s pretty average for these.

The Classic Vibe seems to have a smaller neck. Maybe that’s the way to go?

Let me know if you decide to sell that VM!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2