ShortScale Forum Index
www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader  

Filtertrons in a Mustang?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hnknrob

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject: Filtertrons in a Mustang? Reply with quote

Anyone done it? Having a quick look at the body tells me I'll have to take some material out of the existing pickup routing, not the end of the world but I'm wondering if there will be sufficient material left after doing so. Looking for some guidance if anyone has it.
Fakir Mustache

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could get a Squier Bullet or a Fender hardtail, they're already routed. Maybe add a Mustang tailpiece if you really want (you'd have to rout for that though).

Although it might be easier to rout for just the pickups if you want the tailpiece because pickup templates are easier to find.
hnknrob

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually got a hardtail fender, so it's already routed big enough to hold them. My concern is the depth of the pickups, but I'm going to see about getting some shorter pole piece screws. It appears the hold up is the length of the pole piece screws.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1