ShortScale Forum Index
www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader  

The "Disgustang" - A Placebo Crowdfunder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreenKnee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject: The "Disgustang" - A Placebo Crowdfunder Reply with quote

Thought this would interest you all, a pretty cool looking 1972 compstang raffle, all for a good cause.

From the Crowdfunder Page:

CROWDFUNDER PAGE

Quote:
Stage Crew Need Our Support
Placebo are raising money for stage crew charity Stagehand’s #ILoveLive campaign, which is providing financial help for all UK stage crew who are in the greatest need. Stage crew seem to be the forgotten ones in the current pandemic. They’re the unsung heroes of the live entertainment world. Without them shows just couldn’t happen.

The impact of Covid-19 has been devastating for the whole music industry but particularly for the stage techs, sound engineers, guitar techs, keyboard techs, drum techs, stage managers, production managers, tour managers and other live support personnel who make shows possible.

With no shows since March, crew’s income has been slashed with many finding that they are ineligible for any kind of government financial aid. Many are in desperate need and most are sitting with mental health issues.

Let’s help raise some money to support them this winter. It could literally save lives.

The Prize Draw
Placebo has donated Brian Molko’s 1972 FENDER DISGUSTANG guitar to this prize draw fundraising campaign.

To be in with a chance of winning the guitar we are holding a prize draw with each entry costing £5. You can enter multiple times.

Entries can be purchased between Friday 27th November and Thursday 17th December. The winner will be announced on Tuesday 23 December.

Nick
Y'SEE!?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up, I bought a few entries.
SAVEStheDAY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really cool, and it's for a good cause, but I wish his sig was maybe just a little more discreet.
Doog
mid-century modem

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

Ankhanu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, I bought a few entries.

Yeah, thanks. I snagged some entries on this and Robert Smith's UltraCure.
If I managed to win this, perhaps I'll try to sell it on to get one without a signature... I don't listen to Placebo, so don't care about the signature, I'm sure someone else would love that, and I just want a vintage Competition Mustang to play.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1