ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Home recording, and the starting thereof.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skip

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i record as close to live as possible
can't stand stuff that is not real
when in a band setting
nomorebridge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloan wrote:
Don't get too involved in recording - it will suck away your creativity.
I focused mostly on recording and stuff the past few years when I should have been concentrating on writing songs and BLACKENED RIFFZ.

Just get something simple like a 4-track or whatever and get IDEAS. Then, when you have some trill ass ideas, hit up your friend that's been slaving on recording shit and record an album for $100 or so. Having shit to record is x236qe6 better than having recording shit.

This advice is the best out there..... I wish I'd read or listened to it 3 years ago........ wasted a lot of time fucked up a heap of stuff I'm only now just doing any new stuff.... and it's so fucking nice but it's a shame I've been a tit

As some other people of said get some little multi track and a basic daw if you want to do a bit of editing with your files.... but don't yourself nuts getting things perfect..... wait for real studio time for that with the right people

I know now building any kind of studio situation first and the music after just starts of a shit cycle (in myself anyway) where if something not sounding right you spend an age trying to learn some new producing skill to make it all perfect and usually get fucking nowhere with the big picture
arcadedave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Zoom H2. Good times have been had.
sonicboom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Well, how do you feel about all the beat fixing you've done on your record? Do you think it was really necessary?

How do you feel in your heart about any studio trickery you've been using?

It just feels like Cheating to me, but if you don't care and you're delighted with the outcome, then who cares what I say? I don't have an album on iTunes, so I'm hardly the authority.

I've got a couple things on iTunes and the only bit of editing on 'em is when the engineer had to chop my guitar break back to tempo (I was fucking yards off time) 'cos I was I was PLAYING TOO LOUD TOO QUICKLY.

Happens...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: