ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Sonar Home Studio 7 questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazzmasterfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Sonar Home Studio 7 questions Reply with quote

I'm finally getting round to putting together a home studio. I don't need anything fancy...just want to do some basic recording. I've had a look around and I like the look (& price) of Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio 7. As I live in Guernsey I don't have to pay VAT so that makes it 15% cheaper still!

Anyway, I see that there is a normal version and an XL version. Is the XL version worth getting?

I'm new to home recording and plan on connecting up my Boss DR880 drum machine and Boss SE70..

Here's a couple of dumb questions (please excuse me as I am new to home recording)...I guess I'll need a USB audio interface and a MIDI interface?

Sonar LE comes free with the interface...would this be good enough for recoding a drums, bass and a couple of guitars or should I still go for for the Home Studio option.

Thanks for your help in advance.
dezb1
The Oppressor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Sonar Home Studio 7 questions Reply with quote

Jazzmasterfan wrote:
I'm finally getting round to putting together a home studio. I don't need anything fancy...just want to do some basic recording. I've had a look around and I like the look (& price) of Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio 7. As I live in Guernsey I don't have to pay VAT so that makes it 15% cheaper still!

Anyway, I see that there is a normal version and an XL version. Is the XL version worth getting?

I'm new to home recording and plan on connecting up my Boss DR880 drum machine and Boss SE70..

Here's a couple of dumb questions (please excuse me as I am new to home recording)...I guess I'll need a USB audio interface and a MIDI interface?

Sonar LE comes free with the interface...would this be good enough for recoding a drums, bass and a couple of guitars or should I still go for for the Home Studio option.

Thanks for your help in advance.

I use sonar home studio for recording and playing live itís a great bit of kit (Iíve been a cakewalk user since pro audio 6). If I weíre you Iíd try the LE version to see if I liked it before buying it. I bought the standard version as I donít really need the software instruments in the XL (the Rhodes piano might be ok, but I donít need the virtual bass or drums)
mcconnachiea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever tried the behringer podcasting kits for amp micing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: