ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

About to buy stuff to start recording
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running Logic 8.

I've just recorded a bit of strumming straight into the box, with no amp in the way. It works (but sounds about as awful as you'd expect)

I'm about to go pick up the mics. I move house tomorrow, so I'll not have time to do anything. Bah. I might spend the whole weekend doing stuff though.

Construction wise, the box seems solid. The only thing I don't like is that on the back, I can see the edge of the circuit board underneath the firewire ports. It is apparent that all the connections are mounted directly onto the board. I'd rather this wasn't the case, but I suppose there's not a lot of room in there, and I'd rather have more functionality at that expense of being able to kick the thing about. Also, I suppose it's not a stomp box, so it doesn't matter that much.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, that sounds kinda normal now...

I'm gonna go read up on the new Logic and see how mind blowingly awesome it is... Usually they change a lot with the Logics, but this one is kinda recent, so who knows.
If you think of god as a pair of pants, a spiritualist thinks he needs pants, in fact he wants pants but none of the conventional types of pants seem to fit just right, so he makes his own pants and is happy that his knees are no longer cold.-fibus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: