ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

super-sonic trem question

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bunny
.
.


Joined: 31 Dec 2009
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: super-sonic trem question Reply with quote

hello mr shortscale

can someone point me in the direction of a tremolo arm that will fit on the super-sonic? i just bought 2 off the ebay only to find out that they were a little too big for the hole, and this shattered my confidence. they were listed as fender/squier trem arms, but apparently they only work on bullshit guitars.

anyways, first post. enjoy pr0nz:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tomin8r
.
.


Joined: 06 Jun 2009
Posts: 616
Location: pr0ntario, Frigid White North

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: super-sonic trem question Reply with quote

bunny wrote:
hello mr shortscale

can someone point me in the direction of a tremolo arm that will fit on the super-sonic? i just bought 2 off the ebay only to find out that they were a little too big for the hole, and this shattered my confidence. they were listed as fender/squier trem arms, but apparently they only work on bullshit guitars.

anyways, first post. enjoy pr0nz:




Welcome to the Forumz mate.

I may(probably) be wrong on this but I don't think it's the arm itself that is the problem, but the tremolo block. Super Sonics are Japanese guitars, so they have Japanese parts, including tremolos and the bridge parts. I have a Super Sonic, and I love it to death, but I couldn't get the tremolo to work for the life of me, but then I switched the block to a Mexican Fender one and it let me use standard strat trems off the shelf. Anyways, hope this has been somewhat helpful.

Cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bunny
.
.


Joined: 31 Dec 2009
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: super-sonic trem question Reply with quote

tomin8r wrote:

Welcome to the Forumz mate.

I may(probably) be wrong on this but I don't think it's the arm itself that is the problem, but the tremolo block. Super Sonics are Japanese guitars, so they have Japanese parts, including tremolos and the bridge parts. I have a Super Sonic, and I love it to death, but I couldn't get the tremolo to work for the life of me, but then I switched the block to a Mexican Fender one and it let me use standard strat trems off the shelf. Anyways, hope this has been somewhat helpful.

Cheers

thx

makes sense. i was under the assumption that it was mainly the electronics that would be different, not trivial things like this. so plan a is to see if a japanese strat trem will fit. plan b is to change the block, because it seems like slightly more work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
onezero4u
.
.


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW @!!!!

spongebob squarepants!

nice supersonics too! '

i love the blue sparkle and black the most !
_________________
Make short scale guitars not war
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bunny
.
.


Joined: 31 Dec 2009
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are pretty amazing. i got all of them in pretty much perfect condition body/neckwise, there is just some rusting on the hardware. still looking for the ever elusive olympic white one!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 45796
Location: PORNO ISLAND !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I USED TO OWN YOUR MISSING LINK
_________________
ekwatts wrote:
cunts


fran wrote:
cunts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
taylornutt
.
.


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 4626
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: super-sonic trem question Reply with quote

bunny wrote:
hello mr shortscale

can someone point me in the direction of a tremolo arm that will fit on the super-sonic? i just bought 2 off the ebay only to find out that they were a little too big for the hole, and this shattered my confidence. they were listed as fender/squier trem arms, but apparently they only work on bullshit guitars.

anyways, first post. enjoy pr0nz:



I want all of your guitars!!! What a lineup! Once you get the White Super-sonic, it will be like the 4 horseman of the Apocalypse.

I hope to get a white and blue sparkle one day, and maybe refinish one in competition orange with a racing stripe. I call dibs if you sell the blue or white one. Now that I have wiped the drool from my mouth.

I echo comments about the block. Japanese and Chinese blocks don't hold the arms very well.
_________________
J Mascis Jazzmaster | Baja Telecaster
AVRI Jaguar | 1967 Fender Coronado II |1977 Mullet-stang | 1973 Fender Bronco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bunny
.
.


Joined: 31 Dec 2009
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: super-sonic trem question Reply with quote

robroe wrote:
I USED TO OWN YOUR MISSING LINK


used to? WHY WOULD YOU SELL?
taylornutt wrote:


I want all of your guitars!!! What a lineup! Once you get the White Super-sonic, it will be like the 4 horseman of the Apocalypse.

I hope to get a white and blue sparkle one day, and maybe refinish one in competition orange with a racing stripe. I call dibs if you sell the blue or white one. Now that I have wiped the drool from my mouth.

I echo comments about the block. Japanese and Chinese blocks don't hold the arms very well.


i have been sooo close to getting the white one a few times this year but it hasn't worked out yet. i don't think i could ever sell these, i am way too in love with them.

ps my very first jaguar should be here next week! i am pretty excited about this
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tomin8r
.
.


Joined: 06 Jun 2009
Posts: 616
Location: pr0ntario, Frigid White North

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, for me it seemed like changing the block out and replacing it with a more readily available Mexican one made sense instead of trying to find a Japanese trem.

I LOVE your collection man, I've always wanted a black one to compliment the Sparkle Blue one I have. Great score. IFF you ever decided to sell em, let the guys here know, they'd pay VERY reasonable prices for them and it won't get sold to some scumbag who will prob mistreat it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 45796
Location: PORNO ISLAND !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had to sell my white one because i lost my wedding ring in Lake Erie and had to fund a new one
_________________
ekwatts wrote:
cunts


fran wrote:
cunts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
taylornutt
.
.


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 4626
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: super-sonic trem question Reply with quote

bunny wrote:
robroe wrote:
I USED TO OWN YOUR MISSING LINK


used to? WHY WOULD YOU SELL?
taylornutt wrote:


I want all of your guitars!!! What a lineup! Once you get the White Super-sonic, it will be like the 4 horseman of the Apocalypse.

I hope to get a white and blue sparkle one day, and maybe refinish one in competition orange with a racing stripe. I call dibs if you sell the blue or white one. Now that I have wiped the drool from my mouth.

I echo comments about the block. Japanese and Chinese blocks don't hold the arms very well.


i have been sooo close to getting the white one a few times this year but it hasn't worked out yet. i don't think i could ever sell these, i am way too in love with them.

ps my very first jaguar should be here next week! i am pretty excited about this


I just got my first Jag a few months ago. You will love it. I eventually want to add a Tele, Mustang , and a Supersonic into the mix.That's a nice collection. Keep up the good work.

Here's my electrics right now

_________________
J Mascis Jazzmaster | Baja Telecaster
AVRI Jaguar | 1967 Fender Coronado II |1977 Mullet-stang | 1973 Fender Bronco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
taylornutt
.
.


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 4626
Location: Dallas, TX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I don't get is why Fender won't reissue the Super-Sonic. The Jagmaster has been extremely successful for Squier. Let Squier release it as part of their classic vibe series and offer it in some cool colors (Pink sparkle from that Squier Tele they have). They would sell like hotcakes. My Squiers currently outnumber my American Fenders. It would increase the value of the originals. Super-Sonics are basswood, so they would fit right in with CV Duo Sonic. The Classic Vibe series is the best thing to hit Fender since the Vista Series was discontinued. Let Squier continue to build a better reputation for retro reissue guitars. I wish someone like Warmoth would start releasing the SuperSonic Bodies and necks as well.

A Super-Sonic could be my next guitar since I am humbucker-less since I sold my PRS. I really wanted to buy that Supersonic with the ugly paintjob off ebay and repaint it competition orange with a racing stripe.
_________________
J Mascis Jazzmaster | Baja Telecaster
AVRI Jaguar | 1967 Fender Coronado II |1977 Mullet-stang | 1973 Fender Bronco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 631256 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!