ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

my dilemma
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
borrowedworld

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm thinking that i may just get the duo sonic and a jagmaster and mod them both to hell Twisted Evil

but as elitist as it is this guitar(s) is a gift and a chance for me to splurge a bit, as i have a had a lot of gear stolen from me in the past year, so that little "fender" decal would be a warm happy feeling. also endsjustifymeans, i see that you are most likely from baltimore, me too. fun.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am indeed. Nice to have a fellow Baltimoron.

I should have known your music taste was too good for you to have been from anywhere else.

brainfur wrote:
I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
borrowedworld

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha thanks dude! yeah all that smog will get in your head and make you like specific stuff. i recently moved to north carolina and it is terrible. all the drummers want to play country covers or 6th generation swedish metal rip offs. i think i may go with the p rails and wire them myself, anyone have a set on their jag? and if so how did you wire the controls?
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

borrowedworld wrote:
haha thanks dude! yeah all that smog will get in your head and make you like specific stuff. i recently moved to north carolina and it is terrible. all the drummers want to play country covers or 6th generation swedish metal rip offs. i think i may go with the p rails and wire them myself, anyone have a set on their jag? and if so how did you wire the controls?

Haze has a Prail Tele that I'd murder for.

http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22867&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tele&start=0

brainfur wrote:
I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
borrowedworld

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that thing is sexy. i'm debating throwing some emg 89s in that squier tele custom and a baritone neck on it for my own telebastard that i can tune to like drop g sharp and play doom and sludge on.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

borrowedworld wrote:
that thing is sexy. i'm debating throwing some emg 89s in that squier tele custom and a baritone neck on it for my own telebastard that i can tune to like drop g sharp and play doom and sludge on.

I'm going to like this guy.

brainfur wrote:
borrowedworld

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha i think i like this place so you'll probably be hearing from me a lot. i have a whole lot of crazy mod ideas that i'm excited to finally make a reality. it's either gonna be a telebastard or a jazzbastard (warmoth jazz body routed for no pickguard and single pickups, one volume knob and a single killswitch, also baritone neck) basically i need a baritone and a short scale for my musical needs.
taylornutt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like modding, then you are among friends. I am so glad for Shortscale simply so I can talk guitar with others who are as nuts about it as I am. My wife is very supportive, but can only take about 1 minute of my gear head talk before giving me the "I don't care" glance.
borrowedworld

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of modding. i'm sort of new to the actualy application of it but i am going to have some cool stuff for you guys to check out over the next few months. as far as the gearhead dilemma, i hear ya on that, i just moved back home and my mothers boyfriend is cool to talk with about it all, but he is more into p.a/ audio sort of stuff, you know light shows and stuff like that, he has a lot of stuff though and being here has given me access to a 59 bassman(!!!!) but pretty much everyone else here can only stomach about 10 seconds of it. now if only i could find a chick who could at least pretend to care about it, hahaha i would be set.
dots
BADmin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robert(original) wrote:
dots bring that jag hh to the albq, i have never liked one, but you make yours sound like sex and hard candy.

all true, all true.

and here are TEH TONES if you haven't heard just a sample of what this thing is capable of.

jcyphe wrote:
But the people need that wiggle stick.
DICHOTOMY
BLOWN MINDS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

god dots' vintage jag is so money
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: