ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Got my Shtang back .

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Got my Shtang back . Reply with quote

About 2 months ago I ( for some unknown reason ) decided to trade off my 69 reissue Mustang to a friend for an amp. I think it was because I wanted to get something with humbuckers . the Mustang single coils a a tad mild . I don't know . After some time I just started missing my frickin Stang . To make a long story short drinking some oatmeal stout with my friend he decided to sell it back to me after he upgraded it with a tremolo guard , vibrato bar , neck work and a pro set up . She came back to me full circle new and improved and now just more fun to play. Now I'm back up to 8 guitars . I come to think that guitars too have karma. Just thought I'd share that.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe put some new pickups in it if you find they're lacking? japanese pickups are notably mild.

what is a tremolo guard?
kypdurron

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think he speaks about the bridge cover Wink

My recently sold Mustang still wanders through the digital grounds of our craigslist like thing here. It sucks having sold an awesome guitar to someone who doesn't have use for it. But after having lost my job and having spent my golden handshake on beer Telecasters, I can't buy it back. f***. Better pick up my Duo Sonic and not think about it ... Wink
Rox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kypdurron wrote:
think he speaks about the bridge cover Wink

In deed . That thingamajig. Wink
Phil O'Keefe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about getting a bridge cover for my 'stang, but since I like to palm mute a fair bit, I imagine it would spend most of the time off of the guitar and sitting in the case...

Nice guitar Rox - glad you got her back! Cool Oh, and I second the notion of trying some replacement pickups. Several companies make Strat sized humbuckers that would give your baby some extra kick. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: