ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Pics- Greg MacPherson &locals @St.Patrick'sMuseum, Sydne

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ankhanu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Pics- Greg MacPherson &locals @St.Patrick'sMuseum, Sydne Reply with quote

Small venues make for the best music experiences. Greg MacPherson swung through town again on Sunday, playing an historic church-turned-museum here in Sydney, NS, Canada for an awesome show. He's still in town, technically, as my band will be playing with him tomorrow in a local bar, but that's beside the point Wink Greg is a powerful and intimate performer with incredible songwriting skills, with family connections to this area. His songs resonate amazingly well with the audience generating an intense experience that fills a venue. I took my camera along to snap a few shots (1.98Gb as it turned out).

Steve Fifield

The Roots & Rhythm Remain

Carleton Stone Drives the Big Wheel

Greg MacPherson

Technical junk - Camera: Nikon D80; Lens - Nikkor 50mm f1.8 and Nikkor 18-135mm f3.2-5.6; Average settings - f5, 1/40, ISO800, no flash

Donate to Ankhanu Press
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DanHeron

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics. Looks like a cool venue too!
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 4th picture there is a dude playing a Joe Strummer and a Jag bass; which as of a week ago was my main guitar and my main bass!

Awesome

follow me . . . . you won't
Ankhanu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanHeron wrote:
Nice pics. Looks like a cool venue too!

Thanks.
Yeah, it was my first time in that venue. It's small but has great character and acoustics! Super intimate.

portugalwillie wrote:
In the 4th picture there is a dude playing a Joe Strummer and a Jag bass; which as of a week ago was my main guitar and my main bass!

Awesome

Pretty sweet instruments. I find the relicing on the Strummer kinda shitty, but it does sound damn good.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. The relicing is no good but mine was painted a yellow color that looked a lot more realistic.

follow me . . . . you won't
bussche

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-Mac, as we affectionately refer to him around his hometown, is always great time. I saw him play a few weeks ago at the Winnipeg Folk Fest.

His bespectacled indie nerd bass player is a friend of mine and plays in a great local band "The Playing Cards:"

www.myspace.com/theplayingcards

Here's a photo of him playing with them I took:

Ankhanu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We refer to him as G-Mac here in his other home town too Wink (This is where he's referring to in songs like Visitor and Company Store)
Greg's actually agreed to provide some vocals in the chorus to one of my bands' songs... I can't wait to hear the results.

Cole was pretty fantastic, certainly one of the best backing duos I've seen Greg play with (He's played with some solid players here, but these two really nailed the sets/feel). I was listening to Cole's more recent project, Cannon Bros. ( http://www.myspace.com/cannonbrosband ) and was pretty into it... I hope they do some touring and come to the East Coast. I'll have to check out The Playing Cards. Thanks!

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Art Shack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: