ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Schecter guys?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh


Joined: 04 Apr 2009
Posts: 16657
Location: KCMO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can wait forever
_________________
theshadowofseattle wrote:
robroe wrote:
bad video no work sad bad fruit snack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 19442
Location: Ball So Hard University

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaybear wrote:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i can't wait that long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It's a Dean and it's purple. I'll tell you that much.
_________________
dots wrote:
society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends

brainfur wrote:
I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster


Last edited by endsjustifymeans on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 19442
Location: Ball So Hard University

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hotrodperlmutter wrote:
i can wait forever


I suspect you will hate the ever loving crap out of it. You will not be alone.

I think it's rad.
_________________
dots wrote:
society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends

brainfur wrote:
I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
damienblair17
.
.


Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 1069
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So looking forward to this!
_________________
Doog wrote:
The perfect marriage of Teh Kurdtz and Teh Durstz.


RUN AMOK!

KESSEL RUN!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 19442
Location: Ball So Hard University

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damienblair17 wrote:
So looking forward to this!


Trust me, whatever you think it could possibly be... you're wrong. It's the only one of it's kind I have ever seen and I can't find a lick of information on it online.

All I know is it's been in the shop unbought since the late 90's. Original list was like $449. I think Dean made it and thought... "whoa, slow down guys. That's just too stupid." Which for Dean... gives you an idea of what we're working with.
_________________
dots wrote:
society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends

brainfur wrote:
I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
damienblair17
.
.


Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 1069
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After years of nothing but shortscale fender guitars even something from Dean will seem cool!
_________________
Doog wrote:
The perfect marriage of Teh Kurdtz and Teh Durstz.


RUN AMOK!

KESSEL RUN!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh


Joined: 04 Apr 2009
Posts: 16657
Location: KCMO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would this guy play it?


_________________
theshadowofseattle wrote:
robroe wrote:
bad video no work sad bad fruit snack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 19442
Location: Ball So Hard University

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a chance.
_________________
dots wrote:
society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends

brainfur wrote:
I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 19442
Location: Ball So Hard University

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So music123 ended up price matching this guitar for me:

http://www.music123.com/Guitars/Electric-Guitars/Solid-Body-Electric-Guitars/Damien-Elite-Electric-Guitar.site7prod584539.product

For $223.99.

The neck is much less gaudy but it's otherwise identical and even cheaper. Temptation is strong... I have 10 days to decide before the custom quote expires.

Decisions decisions...
_________________
dots wrote:
society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends

brainfur wrote:
I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 19442
Location: Ball So Hard University

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

endsjustifymeans wrote:
So music123 ended up price matching this guitar for me:

http://www.music123.com/Guitars/Electric-Guitars/Solid-Body-Electric-Guitars/Damien-Elite-Electric-Guitar.site7prod584539.product

For $223.99.

The neck is much less gaudy but it's otherwise identical and even cheaper. Temptation is strong... I have 10 days to decide before the custom quote expires.

Decisions decisions...


Just an update... I bought that. ^

horrible neck inlays aside, it's an astounding guitar at the price I payed. ASTOUNDING. Fit and finish out of the box was literally worlds better than any fender I've touched. Neck is incredibly comfortable. This is likely my "metal" guitar now, meaning my Squier M-80 may be up on the block soon...
_________________
dots wrote:
society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends

brainfur wrote:
I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 9617
Location: hard corvallis, oregon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to hear!
_________________
plopswagon wrote:

Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
damienblair17
.
.


Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 1069
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I freely admit I am jealous. Had I the cash I would have picked one up as well.
_________________
Doog wrote:
The perfect marriage of Teh Kurdtz and Teh Durstz.


RUN AMOK!

KESSEL RUN!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 19442
Location: Ball So Hard University

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damienblair17 wrote:
I freely admit I am jealous. Had I the cash I would have picked one up as well.


pfffft.... cash?

I did the 0% interest 6-month finance via bill me later. Thanks paypal. Pitch them $50 a month and the guitar almost feels free. Wink
_________________
dots wrote:
society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends

brainfur wrote:
I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 9617
Location: hard corvallis, oregon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to reiterate that I'm stoked this worked out for you.
To me, a neck that suits the player makes everything so much easier.
I'm guessing a lot of your past frustrations will soon resolve themselves.
_________________
plopswagon wrote:

Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sloan
Sexy Predator


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 11794
Location: Atlanta GA, USA!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

endsjustifymeans wrote:

horrible neck inlays aside, it's an astounding guitar at the price I payed. ASTOUNDING. Fit and finish out of the box was literally worlds better than any fender I've touched. Neck is incredibly comfortable.


THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL Y'ALLS.
i've played a few schecters and they are really great. the only one i really like the look of is the atx series V's.
There is really no reason to buy a fender nowadays since you can get a guitar that's about x1000 better for the same or cheaper.
_________________
Record your next album with me in Atlanta, GA. It'll be a good time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cur
.
.


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 7291

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pictures pls
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 19442
Location: Ball So Hard University

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye aye cap!
_________________
dots wrote:
society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends

brainfur wrote:
I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 631376 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!