ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

the neverending shit i missed on Ebay thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcyphe

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
I don't get the big issue. I'm fed up of making my payment within minutes of winning the auction, and having to wait until I give my feedback before the seller gives me his. After I've paid for the item, my end of the deal is done, if he gets the money, why doesn't he trust me to give me positive? They're all afraid that I'll somehow give them negative and they'll have to respond to that. Now that trust isn't there, negative feedback is just pointless. I see so much of

"Item was damaged, seller didn't answer emails for weeks, terrible seller"
"Buyer didn't try to contact me, it's his fault"

It's like, what the hell?

That's well and good for logical people but there are stupid and dishonest buyers on eBay just like there are stupid and dishonest sellers. I've dealt with 2 in particular that were beyond stupid. It might be a small percentage but now a-holes like these are gonna come out of the woodwork, because they have nothing to keep them in check.
guitarister

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
I don't get the big issue. I'm fed up of making my payment within minutes of winning the auction, and having to wait until I give my feedback before the seller gives me his. After I've paid for the item, my end of the deal is done, if he gets the money, why doesn't he trust me to give me positive? They're all afraid that I'll somehow give them negative and they'll have to respond to that. Now that trust isn't there, negative feedback is just pointless. I see so much of

"Item was damaged, seller didn't answer emails for weeks, terrible seller"
"Buyer didn't try to contact me, it's his fault"

It's like, what the hell?

Chargebacks. There are a lot of people on ebay who are scammers (both buyers and sellers). It makes sense for the buyer to wait until receiving the item and checking that it works before he leaves positive feedback. Likewise, it makes sense for the seller to see that the item's been delivered and that the customer hasn't issues a chargeback either with their credit card or with paypal before leaving positive.

There are also a number of people who only followed the rules because of the threat of negative feedback. Since that's gone there'll be a lot more scam artists coming out to party.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: