ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Modern Art
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Art Shack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Fran
The Curmudgeon


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 21025
Location: Nottingham, Englandshire.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Modern Art Reply with quote

Post your modern art up.
Here's mine, some old tyres you might think but look at the angles and the tread.



_________________
dezb1 wrote:
Stop fucking about and get an SD-1

robroe wrote:
I got a stomach ache. Anyone got any heroin? Or like a gun or something?

brandonwinmill wrote:
Maybe i'll sell my internet. It's lost its fun since i already beat it twice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 10655
Location: Elland-Straße ist der einzige Ort für uns

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JordanD
Osama


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 891
Location: Manchester, UK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, classic. Very Happy Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mike
I like EL34s


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 38022
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fran is amazing
_________________
MadeByMike.co.uk - Handmade Pedals and Custom Builds
Facebook - Twitter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mezzio13
GOODmin


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 14580
Location: Center of the Universe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hence my hesitance with this forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
James
Nutmeg


Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 10645
Location: Boxingham Palace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this piece for sale? £12,000? I can collect if necessary.
_________________
Shabba.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sublimedo
.
.


Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 2641
Location: SO CAL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£12,500
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
James
Nutmeg


Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 10645
Location: Boxingham Palace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck.

£12,750 shipped (if shipping is more than £50 we'll negotiate on the extra).
_________________
Shabba.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neil
.
.


Joined: 14 Aug 2008
Posts: 280

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



This represents the...um...way that....yaknow... my youth is like...yaknow....rusty and shit cuz I'm... erm....old. Yeah.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reece
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 10347
Location: Kent, UK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone been to the tate modern?

I've been there twice, it's hilarious.
_________________
http://alligatr.co.uk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 10655
Location: Elland-Straße ist der einzige Ort für uns

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaphod wrote:
Anyone been to the tate modern?

I've been there twice, it's hilarious.


The MoMA in NYC is about half hilarious, half genuinely good.

Joseph Beuys type shit infuriates me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stewart
Cunning Linguist


Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 17625
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobArsecake wrote:
Zaphod wrote:
Anyone been to the tate modern?

I've been there twice, it's hilarious.


The MoMA in NYC is about half hilarious, half genuinely good.

Joseph Beuys type shit infuriates me.


we used to have to sit through tedious lectures about him at college. load of old bollocks.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 10655
Location: Elland-Straße ist der einzige Ort für uns

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewart wrote:
BobArsecake wrote:
Zaphod wrote:
Anyone been to the tate modern?

I've been there twice, it's hilarious.


The MoMA in NYC is about half hilarious, half genuinely good.

Joseph Beuys type shit infuriates me.


we used to have to sit through tedious lectures about him at college. load of old bollocks.


I'd love it if he was doing it all as a joke, though. Like the myth/legend of Joseph Beuys thing and all his work was just a joke to fool idiots, but I doubt it, and we'll never know I suppose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stewart
Cunning Linguist


Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 17625
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobArsecake wrote:
stewart wrote:
BobArsecake wrote:
Zaphod wrote:
Anyone been to the tate modern?

I've been there twice, it's hilarious.


The MoMA in NYC is about half hilarious, half genuinely good.

Joseph Beuys type shit infuriates me.


we used to have to sit through tedious lectures about him at college. load of old bollocks.


I'd love it if he was doing it all as a joke, though. Like the myth/legend of Joseph Beuys thing and all his work was just a joke to fool idiots, but I doubt it, and we'll never know I suppose.


i wouldn't say performance was a very popular discipline at edinburgh, thank god, but one tutor in particular used to froth at the thought of him. i'm almost 100% sure that if i'd ran about talking to a dead rabbit as part of my degree show, the result would have been-

FAIL

but having seen with my own eyes some of the utter crap that people got firsts for, there remains that sliver of uncertainty.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
matte30is
Gimme' head till I'm dead


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 2920
Location: Adams College home of the Atoms

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hly shit fran thats some funny ass shit. Laughing
_________________
iCEByTes wrote:
V8 give me chills the sound of motor , the visual , oh man oh shit oh crap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DGNR8
.
.


Joined: 30 Sep 2006
Posts: 4209
Location: DC Area

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree about Beuys. But he may be like the Brian Eno of a certain period. Maybe you don't like HIS shit, but perhaps he inspired Modest Mouse or whomever. At that time we were at the end of a bunch of roads and we never did quite figure out where to go next. The answer of course is the same with music. EVERYWHERE!
_________________
Yell Like Hell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 10655
Location: Elland-Straße ist der einzige Ort für uns

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing with Beuys is that you (I, I don't know, I don't want to apply my thoughts to y'all) need to remember that he was really the first to do that sort of shit, I mean you had DADA etc but he was a bit different, and I think if you want to appreciate his stuff you have to push out of your mind all the bollocks that followed it and was too closely "inspired" by it. I have the same problem with DADA as I do with Beuys, but find it easier to see DADA as being the first of that and can separate it a bit better from the stuff that followed it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
venpoi
.
.


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 1192
Location: PR, California

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Delicious consumer waste
_________________
Hidden: 
Sublimedo wrote:
HAHAHA silly n00b. My highly evolved excitement manifests itself beyond any erection
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
kingoftherodeo
.
.


Joined: 05 Jul 2010
Posts: 69
Location: Barnsley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobArsecake wrote:
Another thing with Beuys is that you (I, I don't know, I don't want to apply my thoughts to y'all) need to remember that he was really the first to do that sort of shit, I mean you had DADA etc but he was a bit different, and I think if you want to appreciate his stuff you have to push out of your mind all the bollocks that followed it and was too closely "inspired" by it. I have the same problem with DADA as I do with Beuys, but find it easier to see DADA as being the first of that and can separate it a bit better from the stuff that followed it.
DADA was a more anti-politics protest. Which gave it a lot of artistic flare and significance. It was a dig at war and goverment in general. I'm not really into this sort of art personally. I like Pollock, Picasso, Hundertwasser, Dahli, Van Vliet. The more expressive and surreal sides of art. But I think art such as Beuys etc, is a little pointless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh


Joined: 04 Apr 2009
Posts: 16657
Location: KCMO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingoftherodeo wrote:
I'm not really into this sort of art personally. I like Van Vliet.

ROLF

Captain Beefheart? ha.
_________________
theshadowofseattle wrote:
robroe wrote:
bad video no work sad bad fruit snack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Art Shack All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 621963 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!