ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

pictures of your gear here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickS

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Line 6 RotoMachine is still my best pedal for rotary effects (thanks, Rob) and what I use with my keyboard. I did actually put it on the shelf for the photo as it normally sits under the keyboard in my music room. It's all very well Line 6 putting their rotary models into their multi-effect thingies but for me half the fun of Leslie effects is the transitioning between speeds. The Behringer equivalent, RM600, is also there (back in its plastic blister pack after repair) and it's pretty good, especially for the price; but to transition between speeds requires you to hold the pedal down for two seconds. You can do a mod with an external switch and a simple circuit to simulate this but the delay is still irritating.

I'll edit the post to list the pedals. What are you using? or are you not these days?
Progrockabuse

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickS wrote:
The Line 6 rotor machine is still my best pedal for rotary effects (thanks, Rob) and what I use with my keyboard. I did actually put it on the shelf for the photo as it normally sits under the keyboard in my music room. It's all very well Line 6 putting their rotary models into their multi-effect thingies but for me, half the fun of Leslie effects is the transitioning between speeds. The Behringer equivalent, RM600, is also there (back in its plastic blister pack after repair) and it's pretty good, especially for the price; but to transition between speeds requires you to hold the pedal down for two seconds. You can do a mod with an external switch and a simple circuit to simulate this but the delay is still irritating.

I'll edit the post to list the pedals. What are you using? or are you not these days?

For a Leslie sound, the nearest I have is my uni-vibe that mike made me. I really wish I didn't sell my neo mini vent but had to.

Since changing back to a marshall, I've been weighing up what I actually need with it. It shows up all your playing habits, which is kinda good as it makes me focus on the playing.

Mainly the Klone and wah/volume pedal, sometimes throwing the fuzz in for good measure.

I'm still hankering after a Leslie pedal for the ramping.

A Fender into a cranked amp = life goals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200
Page 200 of 200

Jump to: