ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

This is a cool Rick.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 14920
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: This is a cool Rick. Reply with quote

It's a 360v64 which RIC stopped making in 2000.I didn't plan on buying this but it was on Ebay last night with a $1800 BIN.These are really pretty uncommon in Jetglo especially a 6 string version.It's cool too because it has the pre scatterwound 12K "hot" toasters.











Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jazzmasterfan
.
.


Joined: 08 Nov 2008
Posts: 83
Location: Guernsey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice. I get the impression that you know you're Rickenbackers. Can I be cheeky and ask you a question? I've been out of playing music for a long time and have a 1991 Rickenbacker six string maplego with the black pickguard, black tailpiece and bridge cover etc. It is in immaculate condition (like new), hasn't been used for the last 13/14 years but has been kept in it's original case and serviced. What do you think it would be worth if I was to sell it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 14920
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazzmasterfan wrote:
Looks nice. I get the impression that you know you're Rickenbackers. Can I be cheeky and ask you a question? I've been out of playing music for a long time and have a 1991 Rickenbacker six string maplego with the black pickguard, black tailpiece and bridge cover etc. It is in immaculate condition (like new), hasn't been used for the last 13/14 years but has been kept in it's original case and serviced. What do you think it would be worth if I was to sell it?


Probably somewhere in the $1000-$1500 range.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarOW
.
.


Joined: 30 Aug 2008
Posts: 66
Location: South of the North of England

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that looks great. Good buy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 10655
Location: Elland-Straße ist der einzige Ort für uns

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow :D That's well nice! Binding ftw, I love it when Rickenbacker puts it on guitars they don't usually put it on. There's a 350 or 325 with binding somewhere that's too nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 14920
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobArsecake wrote:
Wow Very Happy That's well nice! Binding ftw, I love it when Rickenbacker puts it on guitars they don't usually put it on. There's a 350 or 325 with binding somewhere that's too nice.


Yeah the 350SH



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamesSmann
.
.


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 11579

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is susanna hoffs so fucking hot?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 10655
Location: Elland-Straße ist der einzige Ort für uns

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I've seen one where it's not checkered binding, had three toasters, and wasn't an artist model? 0_o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
damienblair17
.
.


Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 1069
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

St. Jimmy wrote:
why is susanna hoffs so fucking hot?!


It could be because she's wearing nothing but a camisole.
_________________
Doog wrote:
The perfect marriage of Teh Kurdtz and Teh Durstz.


RUN AMOK!

KESSEL RUN!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MaMo
.
.


Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 972
Location: San Francisco,CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damienblair17 wrote:
St. Jimmy wrote:
why is susanna hoffs so fucking hot?!


It could be because she's wearing nothing but a camisole.


What about when I wear a camisole at practice?
_________________
scandoslav wrote:
i heard these are wank when it comes to metal


RUN AMOK!.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
More Cowbell
.
.


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 6206
Location: Jefferson, GA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: This is a cool Rick. Reply with quote

westtexasred wrote:
It's a 360v64 which RIC stopped making in 2000.I didn't plan on buying this but it was on Ebay last night with a $1800 BIN.These are really pretty uncommon in Jetglo especially a 6 string version.It's cool too because it has the pre scatterwound 12K "hot" toasters.













I love it. Looks amazing. That is a Rick I would own. Good Score!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
damienblair17
.
.


Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 1069
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaMo wrote:
damienblair17 wrote:
St. Jimmy wrote:
why is susanna hoffs so fucking hot?!


It could be because she's wearing nothing but a camisole.


What about when I wear a camisole at practice?



FAILZ ARE YOU
_________________
Doog wrote:
The perfect marriage of Teh Kurdtz and Teh Durstz.


RUN AMOK!

KESSEL RUN!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ty
.
.


Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 2265
Location: Cottage Grove, Oregon, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but what's with the 2 jacks?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 14920
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silly_rabbit_band wrote:
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but what's with the 2 jacks?


It has a mono jack and a "Ric-O-Sound" stereo jack. The stereo splits the sound of the 2 pickups so you can have the neck pickup going to one amp and the bridge to another.
Then you can use the blend knob to conntrol the mix.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jazzmasterfan
.
.


Joined: 08 Nov 2008
Posts: 83
Location: Guernsey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westtexasred wrote:
Jazzmasterfan wrote:
Looks nice. I get the impression that you know you're Rickenbackers. Can I be cheeky and ask you a question? I've been out of playing music for a long time and have a 1991 Rickenbacker six string maplego with the black pickguard, black tailpiece and bridge cover etc. It is in immaculate condition (like new), hasn't been used for the last 13/14 years but has been kept in it's original case and serviced. What do you think it would be worth if I was to sell it?


Probably somewhere in the $1000-$1500 range.


That's not much more than I paid for it brand new just over 16 years ago!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 14920
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazzmasterfan wrote:
westtexasred wrote:
Jazzmasterfan wrote:
Looks nice. I get the impression that you know you're Rickenbackers. Can I be cheeky and ask you a question? I've been out of playing music for a long time and have a 1991 Rickenbacker six string maplego with the black pickguard, black tailpiece and bridge cover etc. It is in immaculate condition (like new), hasn't been used for the last 13/14 years but has been kept in it's original case and serviced. What do you think it would be worth if I was to sell it?


Probably somewhere in the $1000-$1500 range.


That's not much more than I paid for it brand new just over 16 years ago!


My Rickenbacker(above)is 13 years old.I think the list price in 1995 was about $1999 so it sold for about $200 less than the 1st owner may have paid for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jazzmasterfan
.
.


Joined: 08 Nov 2008
Posts: 83
Location: Guernsey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westtexasred wrote:
Jazzmasterfan wrote:
westtexasred wrote:
Jazzmasterfan wrote:
Looks nice. I get the impression that you know you're Rickenbackers. Can I be cheeky and ask you a question? I've been out of playing music for a long time and have a 1991 Rickenbacker six string maplego with the black pickguard, black tailpiece and bridge cover etc. It is in immaculate condition (like new), hasn't been used for the last 13/14 years but has been kept in it's original case and serviced. What do you think it would be worth if I was to sell it?


Probably somewhere in the $1000-$1500 range.


That's not much more than I paid for it brand new just over 16 years ago!


My Rickenbacker(above)is 13 years old.I think the list price in 1995 was about $1999 so it sold for about $200 less than the 1st owner may have paid for it.


I was hoping the price of such a quality guitar would go up over time! Oh well!!

Cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mickie08
.
.


Joined: 14 Aug 2006
Posts: 5966
Location: Carlsbad, Ca

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazzmasterfan wrote:
westtexasred wrote:
Jazzmasterfan wrote:
westtexasred wrote:
Jazzmasterfan wrote:
Looks nice. I get the impression that you know you're Rickenbackers. Can I be cheeky and ask you a question? I've been out of playing music for a long time and have a 1991 Rickenbacker six string maplego with the black pickguard, black tailpiece and bridge cover etc. It is in immaculate condition (like new), hasn't been used for the last 13/14 years but has been kept in it's original case and serviced. What do you think it would be worth if I was to sell it?


Probably somewhere in the $1000-$1500 range.


That's not much more than I paid for it brand new just over 16 years ago!


My Rickenbacker(above)is 13 years old.I think the list price in 1995 was about $1999 so it sold for about $200 less than the 1st owner may have paid for it.


I was hoping the price of such a quality guitar would go up over time! Oh well!!

Cheers


It probably will, but 80's and early 90's were not considered a wonderful time for guitar makers... Thats why 80's Les Paul's and strats are still relatively cheap compared to 70's. Good or not, there isn't some crazy mojo mistique about owning anything that might have been played by Duran Duran
_________________
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 631962 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!