ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Sub's Max Msp thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sublimedo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Sub's Max Msp thread Reply with quote

Is anyone pretty familiar with this software? Its such a great musical tool that use patches to process sound, video or input data in infinitely interesting ways. I'm taking a course in it, and if there is any interest, I can share a bit of what I learn, as well as my notes and patches with the boards, it would help me and maybe anyone else who'd like to learn.

small small examples of what it can do:

Link

one of my faves:

Link

Of course, if anyone here is more experienced in the program I would love input or help on some patches on here.

The software is available as a one month trial at http://www.cycling74.com/
if you're a student you can send them a scan of your ID and get a 9 month trial for 59 bucks, 39 of which can go towards the student price of 250
stewart
Cunning Linguist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got it on my mac, but i haven't used it for ages. a friend of mine used to use it a fair bit, and released some of it on his first EP. i don't have it here, so i can't upload anything, unfortunately.... it was good though.

Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I've been doing music here for four years and have managed to learn Max/MSP yet. I've messed about in it a bit, but would want to know more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Playing Technique, Theory, Recording Tips, and Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: