ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Finger Picking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike
I like EL34s

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

endsjustifymeans wrote:
Mike wrote:
John Wayne Gacy, Jnr is such a brilliant song, on so many levels.

Had never heard it until just now.

Fucking amazing. Is the rest of his stuff this good?

EDIT: WTF!?!?! I have this album and have never listened to it. Am now and feeling stupid for letting it collect dust.

Dude.

Seven Swans
Michigan
Illinois

They're all essential.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
endsjustifymeans wrote:
Mike wrote:
John Wayne Gacy, Jnr is such a brilliant song, on so many levels.

Had never heard it until just now.

Fucking amazing. Is the rest of his stuff this good?

EDIT: WTF!?!?! I have this album and have never listened to it. Am now and feeling stupid for letting it collect dust.

Dude.

Seven Swans
Michigan
Illinois

They're all essential.

I listened to illinois, the one that I had. It's amazing, but the album fails to live up the that john wayne gacey song. One way or the other I'm glad I actually listened to it. Great stuff. kind of like a folky Spoon with a bit of World/Inferno Friendship Society mixed in. I'll check out the others you listed.

brainfur wrote:
I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Mityushikha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

endsjustifymeans wrote:

I listened to illinois, the one that I had. It's amazing, but the album fails to live up the that john wayne gacey song. One way or the other I'm glad I actually listened to it. Great stuff. kind of like a folky Spoon with a bit of World/Inferno Friendship Society mixed in. I'll check out the others you listed.

I saw world/inferno friendship society live just last week, they were good!! Funny thing is I'd never heard of them before going to that gig.

I say cap-oh and four by 12. As long as nobody's saying four ex twelve then I don't think it would sound very different in conversation. As for cap-oh, that's just like the tom-ay-toh tom-ah-toh thing.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mityushikha wrote:
endsjustifymeans wrote:

I saw world/inferno friendship society live just last week, they were good!! Funny thing is I'd never heard of them before going to that gig.

I say cap-oh and four by 12. As long as nobody's saying four ex twelve then I don't think it would sound very different in conversation. As for cap-oh, that's just like the tom-ay-toh tom-ah-toh thing.

Definitely Cape-Oh, and four by twelve.

W/IFS is great. Let me know if you're ever looking for any of their albums. I think I have them all.

brainfur wrote:
I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Mages
súper crujiente

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mityushikha wrote:
As for cap-oh, that's just like the tom-ay-toh tom-ah-toh thing.

very true.
Mityushikha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

endsjustifymeans wrote:
Mityushikha wrote:
endsjustifymeans wrote:

Definitely Cape-Oh, and four by twelve.

W/IFS is great. Let me know if you're ever looking for any of their albums. I think I have them all.

I'll probably listen to some on grooveshark, I don't often feel like listening to that kinda music but thanks very much for the offer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Musical Miscellany All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: