ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Non-Fender short scales?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Phil O'Keefe
.
.


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 519
Location: Riverside CA USA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Non-Fender short scales? Reply with quote

What else is out there in the 24" scale range besides the usual Fender suspects? I know about Jags, MM's Mustangs, Broncos, Duo Sonics, Jagmasters, etc.... but does anyone else make anything in the 24" scale range?

I also know about 24.75" scale lengths too, and even own a few - Les Paul, Casino, Rickenbacker 610... but I'm wondering if anyone other than Fender ever made 24" scale stuff... Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mustang Melx
.
.


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 323

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's the Gibson Byrdland, which apparently is 23 1/2" scale.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phil O'Keefe
.
.


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 519
Location: Riverside CA USA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustang Melx wrote:
There's the Gibson Byrdland, which apparently is 23 1/2" scale.


That's a weird scale. I haven't seen a Byrdland in ages... probably not since my late teens. I can't remember what they play like. But thanks for the reminder Melx.

BTW, I think I just hit 50 posts. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mo Law-ka
strictly roots


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 3105
Location: a series of tubes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there were 3/4 les pauls made but i dont know what scale they were.




_________________
[quote="jcyphe"] Mo is the most sensible person in this thread.[/quote]
[quote="icey"]and thats for the hatters (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
James
Nutmeg


Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 10645
Location: Boxingham Palace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That double cut looks fantastic. The only bad thing about it is the knob placement. I love the way the horns look a little more rounded than usual.
_________________
Shabba.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mustang Melx
.
.


Joined: 02 Jul 2008
Posts: 323

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil O'Keefe wrote:
Mustang Melx wrote:
There's the Gibson Byrdland, which apparently is 23 1/2" scale.


That's a weird scale. I haven't seen a Byrdland in ages... probably not since my late teens. I can't remember what they play like. But thanks for the reminder Melx.

BTW, I think I just hit 50 posts. Wink


yeah, very odd scale, I knew it was short but I didn't know the scale until I googled it and I wasn't expecting that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 45817
Location: PORNO ISLAND !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 24" omar ibanez guitar has a neck on it that feels exactly like a super sonic neck.


im sure they used his old black supersonic as a template when they made this one





_________________
ekwatts wrote:
cunts


fran wrote:
cunts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cur
.
.


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 7291

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From MF's description of New Les Paul Jr.

Today's Gibson Les Paul Junior electric guitar captures many of the same details and intensity as the original, including a 24" scale length mahogany neck that meets the body at the 16th fret, a 22-fret rosewood fingerboard.

I am not sure if all of them are 24" or just some.

Also, Brian May signature guitar.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ankhanu
.
.


Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Posts: 2887
Location: Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robroe wrote:


Goddamn, generally I dislike Ibanez, but they need to remake these puppies... and make a reverse body!
I was lookin at the lefty for a second thinking it looked like a sweet reverse before realizing it was strung left.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck


Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 3465
Location: Columbia, MO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always wanted to play one of this guitars but have never been able to get my hands on one!


One popped up on craigslist recently for like . . . $300 but I don't ever have cash Sad
_________________
twitter.com/skcwillie

follow me . . . . you won't
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 19201
Location: wandering

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:

Goddamn, generally I dislike Ibanez, but they need to remake these puppies... and make a reverse body!
I was lookin at the lefty for a second thinking it looked like a sweet reverse before realizing it was strung left.


As far as I know Ibanez currently offer a couple of these models. They also make loads of other awesome guitars beyond the superstrats.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ankhanu
.
.


Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Posts: 2887
Location: Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BacchusPaul wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:

Goddamn, generally I dislike Ibanez, but they need to remake these puppies... and make a reverse body!
I was lookin at the lefty for a second thinking it looked like a sweet reverse before realizing it was strung left.


As far as I know Ibanez currently offer a couple of these models. They also make loads of other awesome guitars beyond the superstrats.


Oh, well, there ya go! I've pretty much only come across their various shredders, overly thin-necked basses, and artcores. Admittedly, I do kinda like their Artcores. I know some of their vintage stuff is superb, but I've never actually seen these models; the stuff available around here is pretty limited. I might have to look into their current catalogue a bit closer.


_________________________________________________________________________________

Schecter Corsair is a 24 3/4" scale

as is the Tempest Classic



There's a whole list of shortscale 6-string basses over on bassvi.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
clarkbar
.
.


Joined: 03 Sep 2009
Posts: 169
Location: Connellsville, PA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't the old Danelectro's are like 22" or something?
_________________
yes, thats clark...like the candybar...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Phil O'Keefe
.
.


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 519
Location: Riverside CA USA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cur wrote:
From MF's description of New Les Paul Jr.

Today's Gibson Les Paul Junior electric guitar captures many of the same details and intensity as the original, including a 24" scale length mahogany neck that meets the body at the 16th fret, a 22-fret rosewood fingerboard.

I am not sure if all of them are 24" or just some.

Also, Brian May signature guitar.


Oh yeah, that's right - I forgot about the Brian May models - I knew they were 24" scale. OTOH, I'm not sure I would ever really want one - they're so iconic, so identified with him in my mind tat I'd feel funny playing one.

As far as the MF LP Jr description, I saw that a while back. I'm not sure if that's really true, or a typo where someone accidentally left off the ".75" from the end of that or what. I thought most LP Jrs were 24.75", but maybe some of them were / are 24". Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Leisureclub
.
.


Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Posts: 4800
Location: Norman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkbar wrote:
Aren't the old Danelectro's are like 22" or something?


I believe that's just the 1448 but I'm very far from an expert on vintage Dano's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STABxYOU
.
.


Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robroe wrote:
the 24" omar ibanez guitar has a neck on it that feels exactly like a super sonic neck.
im sure they used his old black supersonic as a template when they made this one


I'm not sure that's how I'd describe the neck feel, unless Supersonics have much flatter fretboards than other Fenders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DGW
.
.


Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 136
Location: Durango Co

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Non-Fender short scales? Reply with quote

Phil O'Keefe wrote:
What else is out there in the 24" scale range besides the usual Fender suspects? I know about Jags, MM's Mustangs, Broncos, Duo Sonics, Jagmasters, etc.... but does anyone else make anything in the 24" scale range?

I also know about 24.75" scale lengths too, and even own a few - Les Paul, Casino, Rickenbacker 610... but I'm wondering if anyone other than Fender ever made 24" scale stuff... Confused
Durango Guitar Works Contender 24"
_________________
Durango Guitar Works 24" Short Scale Guitar
http://durangoguitarworks.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
dezb1
The Oppressor


Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 7412
Location: glasgow

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Non-Fender short scales? Reply with quote

DGW wrote:
Phil O'Keefe wrote:
What else is out there in the 24" scale range besides the usual Fender suspects? I know about Jags, MM's Mustangs, Broncos, Duo Sonics, Jagmasters, etc.... but does anyone else make anything in the 24" scale range?

I also know about 24.75" scale lengths too, and even own a few - Les Paul, Casino, Rickenbacker 610... but I'm wondering if anyone other than Fender ever made 24" scale stuff... Confused
Durango Guitar Works Contender 24"



Someone ban this guy, Im sick of looking at this guitar!
_________________
Extreme distortion used discreetly...


Last edited by dezb1 on Wed May 26, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ankhanu
.
.


Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Posts: 2887
Location: Nova Scotia

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, you did what I thought of doin.

Getting sick of the self-promotion without actually giving anything to the community. Fuck that shit.
_________________
ekwatts wrote:
That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.


Donate to Ankhanu Press
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh


Joined: 04 Apr 2009
Posts: 16657
Location: KCMO

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just getting sick of the guitar. it's like an sx mini strat with humbuckers getting eric clapton signature single coil promotion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 632048 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!