ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

duo-gasm
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Berto
.
.


Joined: 06 Dec 2009
Posts: 358
Location: Vermont

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: duo-gasm Reply with quote



dont make em like they used to
_________________
IroniaSudby wrote:
I just 4chan'd a little.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 19442
Location: Ball So Hard University

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank christ. That burst is hideous.
_________________
dots wrote:
society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends

brainfur wrote:
I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thom
lamp


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 5233
Location: Exeter, UK

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks just like my '62... Cool

Hidden: 





Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kim
[=''=]


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 12084
Location: BE

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uglyburst but the countours are so pretty. i like the more chubby countours
_________________
http://www.myspace.com/lemiacis

www.myspace.com/heavium
i dunketh MC's like a crumpet in my tea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Viljami
.
.


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 2004
Location: TRE, FIN

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like the burst, reminds me of a bucket my grandmother has that has the same "burst".

I bet it even smells the same. Potatoes and dirt.
_________________
Wild spirit of the Eagle, Black hawk, bird of prey design
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion


Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Posts: 6731
Location: Seoul

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Fire-Glo, Batman!

Fullerton isn't exactly adjacent to Santa Ana, but with a burst like that you'd think that a Ric employee pulled an inter-OC espionage job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cooter
.
.


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 1158
Location: Blue Ridge, GA

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thom wrote:
Looks just like my '62... Cool


Wow, that's one clean '62. Is it all original?
_________________
Smells like Rock n' Roll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
George
.
.


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 20378
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That original photo is so obviously tinted red or been buggered with it's not even funny. Poor colour representation.

Judging by Thom's I'd totally rock that burst. Looks ace. In fact, I'd rock the original if it was actually that colour.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thom
lamp


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 5233
Location: Exeter, UK

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooterfinger wrote:
Thom wrote:
Looks just like my '62... Cool


Wow, that's one clean '62. Is it all original?

It is all original, including the case, and it sounds really great!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cooter
.
.


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 1158
Location: Blue Ridge, GA

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thom wrote:
cooterfinger wrote:
Thom wrote:
Looks just like my '62... Cool


Wow, that's one clean '62. Is it all original?

It is all original, including the case, and it sounds really great!


Looks amazing.
_________________
Smells like Rock n' Roll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thom
lamp


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 5233
Location: Exeter, UK

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boab
.
.


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 779
Location: Carluke, Near Glasgow, Scotland

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looks kinda crappy, but I like it.

It is in great condition, considering it's age.
_________________
PLEASE!!!... Tell Me About the Fuckin' Golf Shoes!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 14920
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of Ween


Link
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MatthewK
.
.


Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 774
Location: Hobart, Australia

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeF wrote:
That original photo is so obviously tinted red or been buggered with it's not even funny. Poor colour representation.

Judging by Thom's I'd totally rock that burst. Looks ace. In fact, I'd rock the original if it was actually that colour.

Different burst dude - the original pic is the rare 60s "sienna burst" whereas Thom's is the usual three-colour.
By the way Thom, is it really a 62 with the neck dated 1-61? If so that neck was vintage by the time they bolted it up!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 19442
Location: Ball So Hard University

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rare "sienna burst" i.e. "oh shit we ran out of black"
_________________
dots wrote:
society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends

brainfur wrote:
I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcyphe
.
.


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 16568

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this qualifies as Fender's clownburst.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
astro
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 1716
Location: Montreal

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Too bad Squier chose the crappy Desert Tan for their duo instead of the awesomeness of maroonburst.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Berto
.
.


Joined: 06 Dec 2009
Posts: 358
Location: Vermont

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the tan is a let down, it looks better in person, but no
_________________
IroniaSudby wrote:
I just 4chan'd a little.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Thom
lamp


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 5233
Location: Exeter, UK

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MatthewK wrote:
GeorgeF wrote:
That original photo is so obviously tinted red or been buggered with it's not even funny. Poor colour representation.

Judging by Thom's I'd totally rock that burst. Looks ace. In fact, I'd rock the original if it was actually that colour.

Different burst dude - the original pic is the rare 60s "sienna burst" whereas Thom's is the usual three-colour.
By the way Thom, is it really a 62 with the neck dated 1-61? If so that neck was vintage by the time they bolted it up!

Mine's not regular burst, it's just that some of the photos are a bit dark - there's no black on it at all, the edges are maroon/sienna, whatever you want to call it. And yeah, definitely a '62 - pups and pots dated so, guess they used a '61 neck that they had left over Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
George
.
.


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 20378
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really disputing the fact there's a sienna/maroon burst in existence, more that the photo does not have decent colour representation i.e. the whole picture is tinted red lel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 631964 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!