ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Any cheap Jaguar copies out there?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rox

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuelcotterall wrote:
I like the idea of the ORM, but that tailpiece… it’s a total deal-breaker for me.

Seeing as it’s thru-body, I wonder whether it can be removed.

Looks cheesy in the pic but when you play one and look at it in person it works ( at least for me it did ) . I really like the Jets. One of those guitars that sounds like a hollow body but isn't . Maybe it's a semi ? Not sure about the ORM though . I really like it but it just seems limited with 1 stacked humbucker and volume . However I never played one so I might want to from my last .
Pens
less dickface

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would so do one of those ORM guitars if it had a full size hum. I'm a fan of the single bridge pup configuration, but singlecoil size is just too limited.

Oh, that and if they actually put out the lefty version in the US.

I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
Rox

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumbled across this today . Maybe a " Close But No Cigar " but pretty close . Actually pretty cool . Probably already covered somewhere on this forum.

www.jayturser.com

Also this : www.muse-inc.com . Most likely the same company that makes Aldens . Close or not they look pretty fucking cool .
Mages
súper crujiente

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rox wrote:
Mages wrote:
Rox wrote:
There is one . Well, was one . Want to say Silvertone made it . Had the switches and stuff with 2 single coils ( which were shitty ) and had a strat sized neck and different head stock . Made of a real light wood too. Poplar ? Who knows . I had one when I was in my teens . I'll try and research it . If I find it I'll post it .

are you talking about the Harmony Bobcat / Silhouettes ?? I wouldn't really call those a jaguar copy as they are completely different in every way except for a vaguely similar body shape.

pretty much jagmaster and ibanez jet king are your choices for budget 24" scale guitars. or just keep a look out for cheap 70s musicmasters and such, sometimes you can find some good deals.

if you just want an offset I would take a look at the Fernandes Decade or the GFS offsets.
No, I'm talking about a Harmony or Silvertone made about 20+ years ago. Been looking for the model but can't find it. Looked just like a Jag but had these squared off single coils like an old Eko and was made of a really light cheap wood. The neck was like a Strat. Still looking.

yeah, it's called called a harmony bobcat or silhouette. the silhouettes were also silvertone branded.

Gabriel

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that sunburst Harmony Bobcat is sweet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: