ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

EHX Freeze
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ekwatts
A series of tubes


Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Posts: 22102
Location: Bongchester

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro S wrote:
aen wrote:

Ro S wrote:
It seems a lot when you could use a 'hold' fuction on a Boss delay for somethimg similiar.


Really not very similar. Delays go dingdingdingdingdingding and the freeze goes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm


I'm not talking about ordinary delays settings. The 'hold' function on my Boss DD6 can do a "mmmmmmmmm" - at least mine does when I use it a certain way. Maybe you have faulty one or should adjust your technique?

The 'hold' function may not be as good or easy as the Freeze to go "mmmmmmm", but I maintain the Freeze is overpriced for was it does - which is one thing only but well.
aen wrote:

Ro S wrote:
Also, the EHX Cathedral Reverb has an 'infinite' feature which could have similar droney applications and the Cathdral is featured packed compared with the Freeze - much better bang for buck.

It's almost twice as much, though.

Not so - at least in UK. From arguably the best EHX retailer in the UK, the Freeze costs 95; whereas the Cathedral reverb (with infinite button and loads of modes) costs 135. Thus it is less than 50% more, and not "almost twice as much".


The Cathedral and The Freeze are different pedals, though. What comes as a particular function on the Cathedral can be even more useful when isolated and used on its own. And some people just have no need for the Cathedral pedal. So there's an argument for the Freeze existing. The fact that people are buying it and using it means your point is a bit daft in the first place. Your argument appears to be: "I have a Fender with humbuckers. Why would I need to buy a Les Paul?" It's not a very good argument.

Maybe your social skills are faulty, or you should adjust your technique when debating with people who actually know what they're talking about. Makes you look less of a prize prick.
_________________


Brandon W wrote:
you elites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avj
A Select Individual


Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 1258
Location: Detroitish.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobascis and paul: I've posted the Sonuus G2M write-up. Hopefully you can set aside five or six hours to read it!
_________________
REMI GREENE | BRIGHT NIGHTS | UNOBSERVABLE UNIVERSE | ROOTS AND RUINS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 622267 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!