ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Epiphone Nuclear Extreme Les Paul?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 14912
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Epiphone Nuclear Extreme Les Paul? Reply with quote

I saw one just like the one below at a local pawn shop today. It's a set neck made in Korea Epi.The one I saw looked near mint and seemed to be to be all original. They want $250 for and won't go any lower cuz they just got it in yesterday.Know anything about these?



I found a youtube video of the same kind of guitar


Link
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mkt3000
.
.


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 2750
Location: Miami

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much. I wouldn't pay more than $150.
_________________
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
louis
fuckin' A


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 4756
Location: Aylesbury UK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the worst thing I've ever seen.
_________________

Twitter: @fearthelivinguk
theshadowofseattle wrote:
Nothin' but orange groves and black augs, as far as the eye could see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 14912
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha,I think it is kewl...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
louis
fuckin' A


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 4756
Location: Aylesbury UK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No seriously, I watched a programme tonight where women from the Congo were giving accounts on how their fathers were held at gunpoint and made to rape their daughters by local militia, one of them refused and had his eyeballs plucked out before they cut his ears off and then killed him.

That still pales in comparison to how awful this thing is.




(obviously I'm joking, I was deeply affected by said programme.)
_________________

Twitter: @fearthelivinguk
theshadowofseattle wrote:
Nothin' but orange groves and black augs, as far as the eye could see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
ekwatts
A series of tubes


Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Posts: 22224
Location: Bongchester

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot unsee this. I am not happy with this situation.

This is why the 80s and early 90s sucked. This. Not just this but the line of thinking that spawned this guitar. It sums up just about everything that is wrong with everything.
_________________


Brandon W wrote:
you elites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stewart
Cunning Linguist


Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 17625
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekwatts wrote:
I cannot unsee this. I am not happy with this situation.

This is why the 80s and early 90s sucked. This. Not just this but the line of thinking that spawned this guitar. It sums up just about everything that is wrong with everything.


CAMERON'S BRITAIN.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mkt3000
.
.


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 2750
Location: Miami

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing wrong with that guitar that a can of spray paint can't fix. And I like the inlays.
_________________
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aen
Turdscreamer


Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 7573
Location: ELECTRIC WARRIOR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was almost my first guitar purchase.
_________________
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
https://theronaldraygun.bandcamp.com/album/surrender-dorothy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gusman2x
.
.


Joined: 16 Apr 2012
Posts: 3507
Location: Manchester U.K.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down with it. Not for 250 though
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mixtape
.
.


Joined: 04 Feb 2012
Posts: 678
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm filing this one under "I'd play it ironically."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mack93
.
.


Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like basically the same thing. He doesn't have very nice things to say about it, but then he doesn't seem to like Epiphone in general.

Link

_________________
Spitfire7 wrote:
This is coming from the standpoint of me being a connoisseur.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul_
.
.


Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Posts: 9176

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know a guitar had iffy marketing when what seems to be WTR musing on them, maybe gearing up to post a Swamp Thing video or something, turns out to be their actual official name.

These were made in 2001 and 2002 as part of the E-Series. Some of you may remember this "pierced SG" disaster from the same series.



The E-Series actually pervaded Epi's entire range. They remarketed the bolt-on LP Special II and SG Special II as the "Bully" and "Basher" respectively, and other V/Explorer takes such as the "Slasher" and "Beast"... they all sounded like Beano characters to me.

This is also when they had the "USA" E-Series guitars, which included shred-ready takes on ill-fated Gibson designs like the Moderne and Futura



Here's the most tasteful finish offered on the Nuclear Extreme, which is not to say I like it though it kinda reminds me of an Italia or something.

Hidden: 

_________________
Aug wrote:
which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? Mad

robertOG wrote:
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stewart
Cunning Linguist


Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 17625
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul_ wrote:
They remarketed the bolt-on LP Special II and SG Special II as the "Bully" and "Basher" respectively, and other V/Explorer takes such as the "Slasher" and "Beast"...


no "Rapist" LP Junior?
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sholkham
.
.


Joined: 13 Feb 2011
Posts: 835
Location: S.E. UK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the headstock and inlay on it. The white bowling ball material one posted above looks nicer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 14912
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul_ wrote:
You know a guitar had iffy marketing when what seems to be WTR musing on them, maybe gearing up to post a Swamp Thing video or something, turns out to be their actual official name.

These were made in 2001 and 2002 as part of the E-Series. Some of you may remember this "pierced SG" disaster from the same series.



The E-Series actually pervaded Epi's entire range. They remarketed the bolt-on LP Special II and SG Special II as the "Bully" and "Basher" respectively, and other V/Explorer takes such as the "Slasher" and "Beast"... they all sounded like Beano characters to me.

This is also when they had the "USA" E-Series guitars, which included shred-ready takes on ill-fated Gibson designs like the Moderne and Futura


Here's the most tasteful finish offered on the Nuclear Extreme, which is not to say I like it though it kinda reminds me of an Italia or something.


Yes and the Apollo and the Comet too.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekwatts
A series of tubes


Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Posts: 22224
Location: Bongchester

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul_ wrote:
Hidden: 


THAT was in the same series? I saw one of those hung up for 150 in cash generator a year ago in mint condition and very, very nearly borrowed an extra 20 off a mate so I could spend my entire fortnights dole on it. I loved it. Pearloid Les Paul! But yeah, I had no idea what it was or whether it was legit. I just can't believe it was part of the same clown-rape-abortion as the yellow and black infected vaginal discharge in the original post.
_________________


Brandon W wrote:
you elites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 14912
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewart wrote:
paul_ wrote:
They remarketed the bolt-on LP Special II and SG Special II as the "Bully" and "Basher" respectively, and other V/Explorer takes such as the "Slasher" and "Beast"...


no "Rapist" LP Junior?


How bougt this?





Last edited by westtexasred on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul_
.
.


Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Posts: 9176

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hidden: 
westtexasred wrote:




FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Perhaps just right this instant, I want that guitar more than anything else on this Earth.

I actually just put one of those "Les Paul" TRCs on one of my homemade DC Juniors, originally buying it for my real Gibson Standard to get teh Bloomfieldz.

But fucking hell, what a guitar, what a pic.
_________________
Aug wrote:
which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? Mad

robertOG wrote:
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sloan
Sexy Predator


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 11794
Location: Atlanta GA, USA!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those early 2000's epiphones with that E logo with wings are some of the worst pieces of shit I have ever laid hands on. I remember when MARS Music was still around and I would go in there and fuck around on everything. I could hardly play but that series put a bad taste in my mouth real quick.
_________________
Record your next album with me in Atlanta, GA. It'll be a good time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 631568 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!