ShortScale Forum Index
www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader  

NPD Sean Ryan Custom Whisker Biscuit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HNB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: NPD Sean Ryan Custom Whisker Biscuit Reply with quote

Sean Ryan Custom put this pedal together. I traded my DOD Bass Grunge pedal for it. I REALLY like it. More simple and smaller than a Muff, but the sound is much more versitile so far by my ears.

DSC05691 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

DSC05693 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

Here is my demo. Sorry audio quality isn't great. (And playing quality.) Smile

Link

Last edited by HNB on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
h8mtv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are liking it. The Whiz Biz is an Effdub design, basically a bazz fuss with a muff tone section. I really like the circuit, sounds great on guitar and bass. Glad to have both a Grunge and a Bass Grunge in my collection now. Very Happy
HNB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Smile Maybe I will do a new demo today so I can correct the video. I had thought you said it was a OLC pedal. It is really rad though. My (newer) Big Muff just doesn't seem to have the life this one has. It is more flat and even if that makes sense? Also feels more MUFFled. (LOL) Sort of the difference between some distortions and a Rat. The Rat feels more crazy and uneven as a distortion than some of my other distortions that are more even distortion. They all have a place and use of course, but I tend to favour stuff that is more chaotic. Maybe similar to why people like the sound of a tube amp over solid state sometimes. Both can have great tone, but tubes seem to have their own life to them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1