ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Schecter Ultra VI - thinkin a mods

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ankhanu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Schecter Ultra VI - thinkin a mods Reply with quote

I've had a Schecter Ultra VI for a bit over a year now, and, while I love it, it is a bit dark for my liking, and could stand some modifications. While it completely replaced my old Hellcat VI, with similar minihumbuckers, it's taken a back seat to my new Hellcat VI with Duncan SJAG-1s in it; the Jaguar pickups are WAY better than the minihumbuckers in either the old Hellcat or the Ultra.
While I discussed the possibility of setting up a Bigsby B5 with Vibramate before the Ultra even arrived, I haven't bought either piece of hardware yet... but I've been thinking of ways to make this dead sexy bass better sounding, and am thinking P-90s might be the way to go, rather than minihumbuckers. A guy on the Schecter Hellcat VI, UltraCure VI & Ultra VI Players Facebook group modded his with Alumitones, and says he loves the results... while I think Alumitones are a good idea, I was thinking something different would be nice too, and P-90s are about minihumbucker sized.

Adding the B5 and P-90s would make the Ultra VI a bit of a different beast, and offer me some features that my 2012 Hellcat VI doesn't, hopefully bringing it back into use more... while I LOVE the way the Ultra looks, the Hellcat sounds so much better... but, on both, I do wish I had some vibrato capability.

Any thoughts on the use of P-90s with a VI? Think they'll work with the Ultra?

I know the current Eastwood Sidejack Bass VI is using 90s, but haven't read much about them written by anyone really independent yet.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: